SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SQL Server 2005 Build List

SQL Server 2005 Build List

Author
noeld
SSCrazy Eights
SSCrazy Eights (9.6K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9.6K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9.6K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9.6K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9.6K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9.6K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9.6K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9.6K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I am nothing but disgusted that M$ is doing such a poor Job!

I would have never expected that "we" are compiling those and M$ is simply playing catch up with the bugs!

* Noel
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (62K reputation)SSC Guru (62K reputation)SSC Guru (62K reputation)SSC Guru (62K reputation)SSC Guru (62K reputation)SSC Guru (62K reputation)SSC Guru (62K reputation)SSC Guru (62K reputation)

Group: Administrators
I have to admit that I'm a little surprised at the number of builds that have been released. I know there are lots of fixes for different components, but this still seems like a lot of fixes.

The other thing that bothers me is the number of builds in April alone. Today is the 10th. I wouldn't have expected more than 1 in April, especially with SP2 just being released.

And you are welcome for the CSV. We aim to please!

Working on SS2K builds as well, but there's a lot of those to load.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
Razvan Socol
Razvan Socol
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (841 reputation)SSC Eights! (841 reputation)SSC Eights! (841 reputation)SSC Eights! (841 reputation)SSC Eights! (841 reputation)SSC Eights! (841 reputation)SSC Eights! (841 reputation)SSC Eights! (841 reputation)

Here are 4 new hotfixes (april 2007), for the same problem (regarding scripts in SSIS):
- post-SP1 hotfix version 9.00.2221, downloadable from KB article 931593.
- post-SP1 hotfix version 9.00.2050, KB 932555 (already added in the list)
- hotfix version 9.00.1561, KB 932556
- hotfix version 9.00.1406, KB 932557

It's interesting to note that there is no post-SP2 hotfix yet, although the problem is not documented as fixed in SP2.
KB Article 931846 documents that this problem is fixed in SP2.

Razvan

Jeremy Brown
Jeremy Brown
Old Hand
Old Hand (317 reputation)Old Hand (317 reputation)Old Hand (317 reputation)Old Hand (317 reputation)Old Hand (317 reputation)Old Hand (317 reputation)Old Hand (317 reputation)Old Hand (317 reputation)

Steve, thank you. You can't believe how many times I've tried to find a complete list...

Zubeyir
Zubeyir
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (269 reputation)SSC Veteran (269 reputation)SSC Veteran (269 reputation)SSC Veteran (269 reputation)SSC Veteran (269 reputation)SSC Veteran (269 reputation)SSC Veteran (269 reputation)SSC Veteran (269 reputation)

God bless you Steve! Really handy list that I could'n find anywhere.

Thank You!

kpsqlcent
kpsqlcent
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)

Excellent, thank you!

Microsoft should hang their heads in shame and make this information EASILY AVAILABLE themselves!

It would also helpful if @@VERSION returned a unique software level. We became really confused after applying the original SP2, then the first GDR. We used the re-released SP2 on subsequent builds (which included the GDR changes) and found that @@VERSION (i.e. sqlserver.exe) was different between the builds. It didn't even match that expected in KB 933508. They amended the KB later.

GET THE BASICS RIGHT MICROSOFT!!!!

Linda-57932
Linda-57932
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (23 reputation)Grasshopper (23 reputation)Grasshopper (23 reputation)Grasshopper (23 reputation)Grasshopper (23 reputation)Grasshopper (23 reputation)Grasshopper (23 reputation)Grasshopper (23 reputation)

Updated Hotfix for SP2 for 2005 has been released - build 3161

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935356/en-us

The number of bugs fixed by this hotfix is 29 but it’s not publicly available…

Graham_Day
Graham_Day
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (515 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (515 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (515 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (515 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (515 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (515 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (515 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (515 reputation)

Print version is broken:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

/columnists/sjones/2960_printversion.asp, line 23

slsmithstone
slsmithstone
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (77 reputation)SSC Journeyman (77 reputation)SSC Journeyman (77 reputation)SSC Journeyman (77 reputation)SSC Journeyman (77 reputation)SSC Journeyman (77 reputation)SSC Journeyman (77 reputation)SSC Journeyman (77 reputation)

Excellent article!

Where are you supposed to vote?

Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (62K reputation)SSC Guru (62K reputation)SSC Guru (62K reputation)SSC Guru (62K reputation)SSC Guru (62K reputation)SSC Guru (62K reputation)SSC Guru (62K reputation)SSC Guru (62K reputation)

Group: Administrators
The voting is at the bottom and the print version has been fixed. I've also updated the CSV with these numbers.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.