Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Importing the OFAC SDN list via XML

Importing the OFAC SDN list via XML

Author
pcecereatgmaildotcom
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Can I ask where you work? Or at least the kind of company?
Thanks>
Pablo
Tim OPry
Tim OPry
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (160 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (160 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (160 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (160 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (160 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (160 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (160 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (160 reputation)

A financial services company in Atlanta, GA (The Henssler Financial Group).

pcecereatgmaildotcom
pcecereatgmaildotcom
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)

Tim, one last doubt ...
when I have a new transaction and I have to check the customer against SDN, I have a lot of cases with the same SOUNDEX result, and that has nothing to do with the name i am searching.
So I need to do something else in order to decide if I got a match ...
what else are u doing?
Tim OPry
Tim OPry
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (160 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (160 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (160 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (160 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (160 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (160 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (160 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (160 reputation)

SOUNDEX of course is far from exact - Joe Smith will match Jose Smithers, etc.
The first time the comparison was run, we had a few dozen false positives.
That is why we maintain a table of the 'potential matches', so they can be excluded by our daily job that does the compare. This table also maintains who checked it and when, a column indicated if a match/false positive and any comments.

Once the initial compare is run and the false positives identified, subsequent runs (we run the job daily) only return results when:
1) The SDN is updated
2) We add a new client

The numbers for us in the above two instances, are very small.

This downside also has an upside, in that you know that if the names are even close, you will get a notification and it provides a great audit trail for the SEC.

This is also why we could not use any of the existing services. They have no methodology to know that you have already checked Joe Smith against that specific SDN entry for Jose Smithers and it is NOT a match. All existing products/web services are new searches/compares each time. By maintaining our own results/compares, we can run the comparison against our entire client list each time there are changes to the SDN and for each new client. Our auditors love it.

pcecereatgmaildotcom
pcecereatgmaildotcom
Grasshopper

sounds good, thanks!
divyeshkhatri
divyeshkhatri
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

Hello...
I've created import routines for SDn list.
Let me know if you are interested...
I can help you.

Divyesh
pcecereatgmaildotcom
pcecereatgmaildotcom
Grasshopper

i am very interested.
tell me a little bit more about it
Thanks
Pablo
divyeshkhatri
divyeshkhatri
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

Hi Pablo..
I have application that requires importing SDN list and keeping it up-to-date. If a new name is added it should be inserted into tables and if any name is removed from the list, it should be marked "inactive" but should still be kept in the database.
I created SSIS package that downloads XML file from FTP site and wrote stored procs to process the files into SQL Tables.
If you have the requirements and would like to share with me let me know... I can do it for you...

Divyesh
pcecereatgmaildotcom
pcecereatgmaildotcom
Grasshopper

i need to do exactly the same.
there is not a lot to invent about this.
pls, see my nick, and contact me so we can arrange somthing about it.
thanks
Pablo
divyeshkhatri
divyeshkhatri
Forum Newbie

Hi Pablo...

I sent email to your gmail but it bounced back..
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.