SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Data Driven Subscriptions

Data Driven Subscriptions

Author
Travis Baseflug-281032
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Is there an update for this sproc?
vikas.dharia
vikas.dharia
Valued Member
Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)

The Solution does not work for SQL Server 2008 Standard , Please assist
niclasericsson
niclasericsson
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

Thanks Jason for sharing this clever way to overcome some of the short comings in SQL Standard Edition.

I don't mean to spam this form but I like to present an alternative from Fuel9 called Boomerang. The Boomerang framework use the SSRS (2005 or 2008) API to render reports and supports things like "file share" output and multiple reporting parameters in addition to Email/Fax/FTP/Print Server output.

You interact with the framework in a database interface that requires just basic SQL skills and it includes a service oriented method of managing deployed "subscriptions". The standard edition of Boomerang is free.

/N
marlene.vanhavermaet
marlene.vanhavermaet
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

Jason,

I'm definitely interested in the revised version. If you still have it available, please send it or tell me how I could find a link.

Thank you so much.
Jason Selburg
Jason Selburg
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)

This is the most recent code I have. It may need some tweaking for 2008, I've not tested it on '08.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Development/2824/

Personal Motto: Why push the envelope when you can just open it?

If you follow the direction given HERE you'll likely increase the number and quality of responses you get to your question.

Jason L. Selburg
aef_21
aef_21
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)

Does this work with sql 2005 also?
aef_21
aef_21
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)

nevermind I got it to work
aditya.anita.moitra
aditya.anita.moitra
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

Jason,

I am in the same situation to implement Data Driven Subscription to a File Share while we are using SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition. I'm really interested in taking a look at your improvements. Please send me the instructions for the modified stored procedure.

Regards,
Aditya Moitra
Jason Selburg
Jason Selburg
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)

aditya.anita.moitra (10/12/2012)
Jason,

I am in the same situation to implement Data Driven Subscription to a File Share while we are using SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition. I'm really interested in taking a look at your improvements. Please send me the instructions for the modified stored procedure.

Regards,
Aditya Moitra

The newest version is available here ---> http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/2824/

The "file share" naming method is described here ---> http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Reporting+Services+(SSRS)/69546/

Hope this helps.

Personal Motto: Why push the envelope when you can just open it?

If you follow the direction given HERE you'll likely increase the number and quality of responses you get to your question.

Jason L. Selburg
michael.e.donnel
michael.e.donnel
Forum Newbie

Very nice article. I have also had a similar request for our user community. The biggest issue we face is the implementation of a user interface that is simplistic enough for the uers of our reports. We have around 20 varied reports and each have up to eight optional parameters to choose from.

One thing I have noticed is that if you have an error on the parameters its not fun to try and clear it up so the subscription will run again. I can run, as a test, a single subscription a dozen times without changing the parameters and can count on it failing at least 20% of the time due to a parameter issue. It's extremely frustrating.

If you post any further tweaks to the code I would love to see them.

Once again this is the best article I have found on this particular subject.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.