SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Failed to notify ''operator name'' via email?

Failed to notify ''operator name'' via email?

Author
Gail Wanabee
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (780 reputation)Right there with Babe (780 reputation)Right there with Babe (780 reputation)Right there with Babe (780 reputation)Right there with Babe (780 reputation)Right there with Babe (780 reputation)Right there with Babe (780 reputation)Right there with Babe (780 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I recently encountered a situation on a new server (SS2012) where I wanted an email notification if any SQL Agent job failed to execute to successful completion but could not get it to work. I never had the problem before. ????

To test it, I created a SQL Agent job with a T-SQL script that was bound to fail, executed it, and no email message was received.

To make a long research story short, placing this short T-SQL script at the beginning of all SQL Agent jobs' T-SQL scripts solves the problem:

"SET XACT_ABORT ON"
premi.dwh
premi.dwh
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

It works 4 m... Thanks :-D
astenge
astenge
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

This was the answer I needed. Thanks.

:-)
mariaadi
mariaadi
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)

hey, very helpful information!:-)
malachia
malachia
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)

TNX!! helped me a lot!
chinookhunter
chinookhunter
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

Excellent Post, Thanks as well!!!
Matthew Holloway
Matthew Holloway
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (218 reputation)SSC Veteran (218 reputation)SSC Veteran (218 reputation)SSC Veteran (218 reputation)SSC Veteran (218 reputation)SSC Veteran (218 reputation)SSC Veteran (218 reputation)SSC Veteran (218 reputation)

Gerd Hoefler (4/21/2006)

Hi all,

some time ago i had the same problem.

I fixed this and make a docu to solve this.
But i have no idea how i can post this document here.

If everyone would have this, send me a mail: <A href="mailto:gerd.hoefler@gmx.at">gerd.hoefler@gmx.at</A>

Gerd

8 years and 2 days, several versions of SQL and this post still helps...w00t
Gail Wanabee
Gail Wanabee
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (780 reputation)Right there with Babe (780 reputation)Right there with Babe (780 reputation)Right there with Babe (780 reputation)Right there with Babe (780 reputation)Right there with Babe (780 reputation)Right there with Babe (780 reputation)Right there with Babe (780 reputation)

I sometimes see criticism of posting on old threads. I think the criticism is misplaced.

Good information is never antiquated.
BeverleyM
BeverleyM
Valued Member
Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)

henrik staun poulsen (2/17/2006)
I just had the same problem.
Ihad to enable DatabaseMail on the SQL Server Agent -> properties -> Alert System (check the checkbox), and then restart SQL Server Agent.

It works now, thanks to a posting by "Johnny" in microsoft.public.sqlserver.serverwith the topic "How to setup Operator for sending alerts?"

HIH
Henrik Staun Poulsen

8 years later, this is still relevant.... thanks, that was causing my problem today Smile Two servers, one with this set right and one it got missed on and we couldn't figure out why some jobs notified upon failure and others didn't.
pcarsten 83524
pcarsten 83524
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)

Perfect! That's just the info I needed.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.