SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SQL State Error 'HYT00'

SQL State Error 'HYT00'

Author
kreskins
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (229 reputation)SSC Veteran (229 reputation)SSC Veteran (229 reputation)SSC Veteran (229 reputation)SSC Veteran (229 reputation)SSC Veteran (229 reputation)SSC Veteran (229 reputation)SSC Veteran (229 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
My web server is not allowing me to create a system DSN to connect to another server. I am using TCP/IP net lib, I have tried upgrading MDAC, I still am unable to get past the screen where it asks for authentication method. It throws the the following error:

Connection Failed:
SQLState: 'HYT00'
SQL Server Error: 0
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired.

I don't know if this is an issue but the servers have gateways that are on different subnets. one is on a 1.2.x subnet and the other is on a 1.2.y subnet. Would this contribute to my problems
thanks for any help

Thanks For your continued Help.

Leon Platt
Leon Platt
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (277 reputation)SSC Veteran (277 reputation)SSC Veteran (277 reputation)SSC Veteran (277 reputation)SSC Veteran (277 reputation)SSC Veteran (277 reputation)SSC Veteran (277 reputation)SSC Veteran (277 reputation)

In odbc config where it ask What sql server do you want to connect to? was your srever listed in the dropdown or did you type it in?
Can you ping the tcp/ip address of the sql server from your web server?

kreskins
kreskins
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (229 reputation)SSC Veteran (229 reputation)SSC Veteran (229 reputation)SSC Veteran (229 reputation)SSC Veteran (229 reputation)SSC Veteran (229 reputation)SSC Veteran (229 reputation)SSC Veteran (229 reputation)

The server was originally not in the list. I can ping the server from a command line using IP address

psieloff
psieloff
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)

In your DSN, try using the ip address of the server instead of the server name.

kreskins
kreskins
SSC Veteran

I tried that a week or so ago and it worked. Thanks for the follow-up anyway. Have a great day.
Kevin

Antares686
Antares686
One Orange Chip
One Orange Chip (26K reputation)One Orange Chip (26K reputation)One Orange Chip (26K reputation)One Orange Chip (26K reputation)One Orange Chip (26K reputation)One Orange Chip (26K reputation)One Orange Chip (26K reputation)One Orange Chip (26K reputation)

Group: Moderators
What type of connection are you setting up. NT Auth or SQL Auth?

DanG
DanG
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)

Hello,

I have just stumbled upon this same problem myself (same exact error). My application which uses these DSN's I have created some time ago, do work, because I have the connection timeout set with no limit. However if I go into the control panel and try to test them I get this error. This poses a problem for me because I can't add any new DSN's for the server.

Just seems like SQL is taking a looong time to respond.

Any other ideas to trouble-shoot this problem?

Thanks,

Dan

Edited by - DanG on 03/02/2002 07:03:27 AM

Antares686
Antares686
One Orange Chip
One Orange Chip (26K reputation)One Orange Chip (26K reputation)One Orange Chip (26K reputation)One Orange Chip (26K reputation)One Orange Chip (26K reputation)One Orange Chip (26K reputation)One Orange Chip (26K reputation)One Orange Chip (26K reputation)

Group: Moderators
So you get this on your DSN connection. Try from the machine you are having troubles with and pining the SQL Server. Also are you using named connections or ip connections?

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

DanG
DanG
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)

Hello,

I can ping SQL from the client - no problems. I am using IP connections.

BTW: All my clients are having this same issue with SQL and DSN error.

Thanks,

Dan

DanG
DanG
SSC-Enthusiastic

Hello again,

I even went so far as to reinstall SQL this morning, and still have the same issue.

Dan

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.