Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Project Plan

Project Plan

Author
Barbara-167570
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (102 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (102 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (102 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (102 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (102 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (102 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (102 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (102 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members

Matt can I trouble you to send the plan along to me as well please?

Thank you in advance,

Barbara

barbara.smith@sassc.com

Mat Hues
Mat Hues
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)

Barbara,

Sure thing - check your inbox.

If ANYONE makes any other additions to the project plan (thanks alzdba), please post them so we can all benefit. Thanks.

Best regards,

Matthew Hughes
Systems Developer, MCSD
Program Director & co-Founder, LANUG
http://www.loweraldotnet.org

John-79567
John-79567
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (130 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (130 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (130 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (130 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (130 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (130 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (130 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (130 reputation)

Matt can I trouble you for a copy of the project document?

John

John.Gartman@gmail.com

mimorr
mimorr
Old Hand
Old Hand (380 reputation)Old Hand (380 reputation)Old Hand (380 reputation)Old Hand (380 reputation)Old Hand (380 reputation)Old Hand (380 reputation)Old Hand (380 reputation)Old Hand (380 reputation)

Hi Matt - Yet another, Me too, please!

I'm new to the project world. At my last job, someone would say 'let's do this' and we just did it. Now, I need tasks, steps, fall-back plans, etc. Changes the thinking...I think for the best.

My next big project is migrating from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 along with physically moving the boxes, cleaning up the replication processes, and converting a bazillion DTS jobs to SSIS...Can you say job security?

Thanks!
mimorr@yahoo.com

Michelle
cdfdfireman
cdfdfireman
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (459 reputation)SSC-Addicted (459 reputation)SSC-Addicted (459 reputation)SSC-Addicted (459 reputation)SSC-Addicted (459 reputation)SSC-Addicted (459 reputation)SSC-Addicted (459 reputation)SSC-Addicted (459 reputation)

And again one more request. You certainly have created a great buzz about this which is kudos for you on your first attmept!. Thanks for sharing.

prichards@firehousezone.com

Paul

Ross-379529
Ross-379529
Old Hand
Old Hand (374 reputation)Old Hand (374 reputation)Old Hand (374 reputation)Old Hand (374 reputation)Old Hand (374 reputation)Old Hand (374 reputation)Old Hand (374 reputation)Old Hand (374 reputation)

Wow ! - I was looking for all this information a while back and never found as much detail as you had managed within the couple of links you had on your document. Thanks for the helpful project plan and guidence that this thread managed to give. Looks like the project document you created should be a white paper and should be hosted on this site as an informative guide - Wish there were more like this.

Thanks again - this was a gem of a find for me.

** What you see, Depends on what you Thought, Before, You looked! **
Ninja's_RGR'us
Ninja's_RGR'us
SSC-Insane
SSC-Insane (20K reputation)SSC-Insane (20K reputation)SSC-Insane (20K reputation)SSC-Insane (20K reputation)SSC-Insane (20K reputation)SSC-Insane (20K reputation)SSC-Insane (20K reputation)SSC-Insane (20K reputation)

You got my vote. White paper this stuff.
Mat Hues
Mat Hues
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)

Ross and Ninja - thanks! If only I had time to White Paper it! LOL.

Seriously, you're right, but I'm always maxed out at work. However, if anyone wants to take my document and all of the other ideas/addendum and make it a white paper and post it to the site, then that would be great! Maybe we should hire an intern to do it...

Happy New Year!

Matthew

Ninja's_RGR'us
Ninja's_RGR'us
SSC-Insane
SSC-Insane (20K reputation)SSC-Insane (20K reputation)SSC-Insane (20K reputation)SSC-Insane (20K reputation)SSC-Insane (20K reputation)SSC-Insane (20K reputation)SSC-Insane (20K reputation)SSC-Insane (20K reputation)

Good idea on the intern, cause my version would be something like this :

ctrl - a, ctrl - c, fire up note pad, ctrl - v, ctrl - s, e-mail to steve .

John Rowan
John Rowan
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)

Wow, this thread has spanned time. Matt, can you forward me a copy to jrowan@cox.net? Thanks in advance. Great work.

John Rowan

======================================================
======================================================
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help - by Jeff Moden
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.