SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Getting the grid back

Getting the grid back

Author
david.gugg
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
batgirl (5/16/2014)
As is often the case, I am now thoroughly confused.

I am pretty sure that I need a vacation, or at least a long weekend.

I assumed that "NOT" was typo and was meant to be "NOW". In that case, Control + D was the correct answer for SQL 2012.

I also assumed "not" should have been "now". Oops Hehe

Personal blog relating fishing to database administration:

https://davegugg.wordpress.com/
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Arrggh, I ticked the wrong box, and apparently got fooled by the documentation. I use this all the time, so I'm guessing I was moving to fast, thinking CTRL+D, but reading the docs and using Shift.

Points will be awarded back shortly.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
Tom Thomson
Tom Thomson
SSChampion
SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)

Igor Micev (5/16/2014)
CTRL+T - for text
CTRL+D - for grid
in my ssms 2008r2, 2012 and 2014.

And in mine for 2008R2 and 2012.

Don't understand why all these people are claiming the answer is wrong. Maybe they just haven't noticed that the action for CTRL+D depends on context - if you currently have results to text it switches results to grid. If you already have results to grid, it does something different, namely nothing.

edit: Ah, I now see that earlier today the wrong answer was right (and there was a wrong word too). I should have read to the end of the discussion to date before commenting (and wouldn't have commented if I had seen Steve's post).

Tom

Hany Helmy
Hany Helmy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)

Steve Jones - SSC Editor (5/16/2014)
Arrggh, I ticked the wrong box, and apparently got fooled by the documentation. I use this all the time, so I'm guessing I was moving to fast, thinking CTRL+D, but reading the docs and using Shift.

Angry
Hany Helmy
Hany Helmy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)

TomThomson (5/16/2014)edit: Ah, I now see that earlier today the wrong answer was right (and there was a wrong word too). I should have read to the end of the discussion to date before commenting (and wouldn't have commented if I had seen Steve's post).

Yeah, me too Sad
Hany Helmy
Hany Helmy
Hall of Fame

paul.goldstraw (5/16/2014)
I had a similar problem with 2012 where using CTRL+R didn't toggle the results window. I followed the advice on this page. Perhaps you're affected in the same way?

Thanx for that link, it worked for me too, but I don`t recall that I ever changed the default behavior for keyboard shortcuts w00t
sqldoubleg
sqldoubleg
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)

Steve Jones - SSC Editor (5/16/2014)

Just changing the order of the answers didn't give points back, now it says that the most answered was CTRL+Shift+D but obviously was CTRL+D :-D:-D
free_mascot
free_mascot
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)

Easy one, thanks Steve.

---------------------------------------------------
"Thare are only 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand binary, and those who don't."
paul.goldstraw
paul.goldstraw
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)

Hany Helmy (5/17/2014)
I had a similar problem with 2012 where using CTRL+R didn't toggle the results window. I followed the advice on this page. Perhaps you're affected in the same way?

Thanx for that link, it worked for me too, but I don`t recall that I ever changed the default behavior for keyboard shortcuts w00t

Nor did I, it happened for me on a fresh install of SQL 2012 the first time. I wonder if it's related to having versions of Visual Studio installed, causing the shell to get confused. Glad I could help though :-D
Hany Helmy
Hany Helmy
Hall of Fame

paul.goldstraw (5/19/2014)
Hany Helmy (5/17/2014)

Nor did I, it happened for me on a fresh install of SQL 2012 the first time. I wonder if it's related to having versions of Visual Studio installed, causing the shell to get confused. Glad I could help though :-D

hmmm, maybe that`s the reason :-)
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.