Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Coupling Outlook to SQL Server

Coupling Outlook to SQL Server

Author
Kevin Terry
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (258 reputation)SSC Veteran (258 reputation)SSC Veteran (258 reputation)SSC Veteran (258 reputation)SSC Veteran (258 reputation)SSC Veteran (258 reputation)SSC Veteran (258 reputation)SSC Veteran (258 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
The script posted above will open a window that will allow you to select any folder (public folders, inbox, folders within inbox, etc). Then give you the store and entry IDs of whatever you selected.

Kevin Terry
Kevin Terry
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (258 reputation)SSC Veteran (258 reputation)SSC Veteran (258 reputation)SSC Veteran (258 reputation)SSC Veteran (258 reputation)SSC Veteran (258 reputation)SSC Veteran (258 reputation)SSC Veteran (258 reputation)

In case anyone is interested, here are a couple of websites for Outlook developers:

http://www.OutlookCode.com
http://www.Slipstick.com

tim cottle
tim cottle
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

I saw this artice, and am trying to figure out how to go in reverse.

I have a simple SQL server database table, and I want to update the outlook contact list with some contact info that is in the SQL table.

Is there an easy way to do this. I have seen genius connect, but what I am doing is only copying contacts over, not all of hte other outlook components, so 700.00 for 5 people to copy from sql server to outlook seems a little extreme..

thanks

tim

Kevin Terry
Kevin Terry
SSC Veteran

Check out this article:

http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mssql/article.php/1441931

John Puk
John Puk
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)

It is an Outlook Add-on for sync with SQL Server and other ODBC databases.

seungyong jung
seungyong jung
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)

Your article is very good. However, when I run your code in my DTS package, Logon Box prompted. So I should enter password to run through. Then how can I make it a scheduled job and run it automatically? A job cannot take input as far as I know.

Thank you very much,

Augustine.

Kevin Terry
Kevin Terry
SSC Veteran

>Your article is very good. However, when I run your >code in my DTS package, Logon Box prompted. So I >should enter password to run through. Then how can I >make it a scheduled job and run it automatically? A >job cannot take input as far as I know.

Assuming the logon box your seeing isn't the DTS owner or user password (in which case Save As and clear those two password textboxes).
That will probably only happen if the user doesn't have privileges to outlook. Couple of possibilities: Are you using windows auth when accessing sql server? Does that user have access to outlook? What user is sql server using to run? Does that user have access to outlook?

seungyong jung
seungyong jung
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)

Yes, I use windows auth accessing sql server. That user, I, have access to outlook. SQLserver user is the same as that of window user because it uses the windows auth. Here actually, outlook, sqlserver and windows uses all the same windows authentication.

Thanks,

jeffrey.jaksa
jeffrey.jaksa
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

Terry, this is exactly what I need. Thanks. Important question for me: The Outlook application you are connecting to is actually on the SQL Server box itself, correct? That is, your code does NOT access the Outlook application on the box of the person that might execute this DTS package. Am I correct?

Set objOutlook       = CreateObject("Outlook.application")
Set mNameSpace       = objOutlook.GetNameSpace("MAPI")
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.