SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Parameter for one cell

Parameter for one cell

Author
giszzmo
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I have created a drilldown report. Is there a way to create a parameter based on an indicator value for one particular cell? The value in this cell is also a value in other cells but this particular cell is for a particular group and I want to be able to filter through this group by what their indicator value is in that cell. Please let me know if this can be done and how. Thanks
gbritton1
gbritton1
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)

Wow! That's confusing. Can you post some sample data and expected results?
giszzmo
giszzmo
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (165 reputation)

There are three levels to this drilldown report. Level 1 will open up to several groups in level 2. Each group in Level 2 will open up to individual items. These individual items have indicators for yes/no/null. Level 2 has indicators on these groups based on which indicator of each group was the most important. For example, if a group has an x indicator on one of its items, then a x will appear for that group. Level one is the same. If an x appears on any of its groups, then there will be an x at the level. The report is just breaking it down further and further. I want to filter only the indicators at level 1, but since the indicators at every level use the same value, I'm not sure if it is possible to filter it out this way.
giszzmo
giszzmo
SSC-Enthusiastic

I just realized I need to use the indicator value at third Level as my parameter. My indicator has a very long IIF expression to determine the value. How can I use this to make the parameter?
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.