Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate
 
Log in  ::  Register  ::  Not logged in
 
 
 


Dynamic InteractiveSize


Dynamic InteractiveSize

Author
Message
speedman_2001
speedman_2001
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Points: 39 Visits: 152
Hey guys -

So I know the interactive size won't take an expression. What I'm trying to work on is having SSRS 2008 Reports display on monitors of any size, tablets, phones, etc... The issues started with "FixedData" on the static row group not working correctly once deployed to the report server. Works in Preview, not after deployed. I've scoured the web and found possible workarounds, but all require the report to somehow get the resolution of the display that is rendering the report.

Couple of things I've looked at -
- Show X # of lines depending on height of screen
- Change "InteractiveSize" of the report dynamically so the report controls itself
- Figure out why "FixedData" doesn't work when deployed.

Haven't found a way to get the screen height into a hidden parameter, which would then control how many rows the report displays per page (using a group by rownumber group).

Fixed data has been tested on IE 11, IE 11 with Compatibility Mode, Chrome, FF, iPad, & Android Tab - all display exactly the same - no scrolling column headers.

So even though the topic revolves around InteractiveSize, which I feel would be the best way to somehow handle this, there are multiple possibilities.

Joe
speedman_2001
speedman_2001
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Points: 39 Visits: 152
Good news is I figured out my problem - I put a fix on the server's CSS page to display SSRS Reports in Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc... That fix was causing IE to act incorrectly. Once that fix was removed IE behaved like it was in preview.

Bad news - Chrome, FireFox, Safari, etc... no longer display results. Any thoughts on a fix for this part?
Go


Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.
You can't delete your own posts.
You can't delete other posts.
You can't post events.
You can't edit your own events.
You can't edit other events.
You can't delete your own events.
You can't delete other events.
You can't send private messages.
You can't send emails.
You can read topics.
You can't vote in polls.
You can't upload attachments.
You can download attachments.
You can't post HTML code.
You can't edit HTML code.
You can't post IFCode.
You can't post JavaScript.
You can post emoticons.
You can't post or upload images.

Select a forum

































































































































































SQLServerCentral


Search