Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SSRS 2008 R2 in Safari

SSRS 2008 R2 in Safari

Author
karend211 34657
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi,
I am having issues viewing SSRS 2008 reports in Safari. I have tried many suggestions on Stackoverflow to modify the reportserver config, js & css but none have worked so far.

I have SSRS 2008 R2 and SSRS 2008 installed. If I go to the report manager for 2008, I can run and see my reports. If I go to the 2008R2 report manager and try to run a report, I get no visible report - can see toolbar and parameters.

I am also using these reports embedded in a report viewer in a .net application. If I run the project locally in safari, I can see the report in the reportviewer, when the project is deployed and I go to a page with a report displayed in a reportviewer, it is blank - I do see the toolbar and parameters.

Is there something I am missing to get 2008 R2 reports to display in Safari? I can see them fine in Chrome. I have checked my Safari preferences and have javascript enabled.

Thank you in advance for any help.
-karen
ndiro
ndiro
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)

This works for me:

"CSS Based System Wide Solution

1) First, navigate to the directory where reporting services is installed, in my case (MSSQL 2012SP1) it is:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS11.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer

In that directory, you will find a file named reportserver.config

see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345247(v=sql.110).aspx

In that file insert a single XML line like: (from the above document)

<Configuration>
<HTMLViewerStyleSheet>SafariChromeFix</HTMLViewerStyleSheet>
</Configuration>
Save that.

2) Next, descend into the Styles directory (C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS11.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\Styles)

Make a copy the file named SP_Full.css and name the copy SafariChromeFix.css. At this point, SafariChromeFix.css should be identical to SP_Full.css.

Edit SafariChromeFix.css and add the following lines to the top:

div {
overflow: visible !important;
}
Save it.

Once this is saved, all of the existing reports on this instance of Reporting Services will render on all browsers including Chrome and Safari.
"

Let me Know if it works
karend211 34657
karend211 34657
SSC Rookie

Hi,
thank you for the response. This is what I tried before, however I did try it again but still the reports are not visible in safari.

I am running on 2008 R2 (SP1) - standard edition, 64 bit.

I am going to see if I have the same issue on 2012, if so, I'll try to apply this fix and see if that works for me.

Thank you,
K.
ndiro
ndiro
SSC Rookie

Try this css
Attachments
SafariChromeFix.css (5 views, 3.00 KB)
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.