I need to downgrade SQL server 2008 enterprise edition to developer edition on our test systems. I'm planning to implement this using side by side migration.
Could someone please let me know if the following steps are correct?
(1) Run DBCC CheckDB on all the user and system databases
(2)Backup prod and sys databases
(3) Script out all the logins, jobs, linked servers etc
(4) Install SQL Server 2008 developer edition as the named instance
(5) Restore all the sys and prod database backups
(6) Run the logins, jobs scripts which were taken previously.
(7) Uninstall the default instance(Enterprise edition)
(8) Rename the named instance to default instance