I have a 3 server setup at this time.
Goal is to do a DR test and bring the changes on secondary to primary.
I think my step 11 is wrong.
server 1 - Primary (mirroring and log shipping)
server 2 - mirror (primary)
server 3 - secondary (log shipping)
Can I retain mirroring between server 1 and 2 when I do the role switch?
Here is what I planned -
1. clean pre-test copy only backup
2. set partner off from primary
3. do a manual LS Backup on server1 and disable job, LS Copy and LS Restore on server 3and disable job
4. backup server 1 txn log with no recovery
5. copy and restore this tail txn log to server 3 with recovery
6. setup dr from server 3 (new primary) to server 1(new secondary)
7. Data tests on DR
8. do a manual LS Backup on server3 and disable job, LS Copy and LS Restore on server 1 and disable job
9. backup server 3 txn log with no recovery
10. copy and restore this tail txn log to server 1 with recovery
11. enable server 1 as partner
12. enable LS jobs on server 1 and 3.