I have just downloaded SQLEnlight and started evaluating it and would be interested to hear any other comments about this product. My intention is to use it primarily for static code analysis (my role is one of QA).
My initial impressions:
1) There are spelling mistakes all over the error messages - this creates a poor first impression.
2) Analyses of DBs is quite a bit slower than analyses of .sql files.
3) Building your own rules looks a bit complex (though I haven't yet tried too hard, maybe I'm wrong).
4) The XML output report takes a bit of time to get to grips with (but I've managed to use QlikView to make some sense of it).
5) The command-line options offer great potential for continuous integration - just need to work out exactly which rules are most important and how to integrate the product into our workflow.
Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this
If the answer to your question can be found with a brief Google search, please perform the search yourself, rather than expecting one of the SSC members to do it for you.
Please surround any code or links you post with the appropriate IFCode formatting tags. It helps readability a lot.