SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

The process could not bulk copy into table

The process could not bulk copy into table

Author
er sql
Valued Member
Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members

Hi, I'm working with replication and I publishing some databases from server A to server B, in replication monitor from mi server A i saw a message in two publications:

The process could not bulk copy into table XXXXX.

How can I fix the error?.

Thanks a lot

Sincerely

ER_SQL

TriggerMe
TriggerMe
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)

What Replication model are you using?

Does this error occur when the initial Snapshot takes place or when the transactions are been replicated to the Subscriber?

Kindest Regards,

er sql
er sql
Valued Member
Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)

I'm using snapshot replications and It happens when the transactions are been replicated to the suscriber

Thank

TriggerMe
TriggerMe
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)

Check to see that the Subscriber has enough disk space to perform the snapshot.

Kindest Regards,

MarkusB
MarkusB
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)

How large is your DB. What kind of connection lies between the two servers ?

With larger tables over slower connections very often the reason for this message is a timeout. You can avoid this error by changing the snapshot agent profile settings.

M

Markus Bohse
Paul Williams
Paul Williams
SSChasing Mays
SSChasing Mays (609 reputation)SSChasing Mays (609 reputation)SSChasing Mays (609 reputation)SSChasing Mays (609 reputation)SSChasing Mays (609 reputation)SSChasing Mays (609 reputation)SSChasing Mays (609 reputation)SSChasing Mays (609 reputation)

This error is a fairly common error in replication and can be caused by a no. of issues. Usually, it is because the schema in the publisher does not match that of the subscriber.

To determine the exact cause, you need to increase the verbose history level of the output and create an output file when the snapshot or distribution agent runs.

Analysing this error file will then give more of an indication as to the exact cuase of the problem.

Paul R Williams.
amichals
amichals
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)

Are you merge replicating a table that is being bulk copied into, such as a DTS for example?

If so the following link may help..

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275680

mrizabid
mrizabid
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)

The process could not bulk copy into table '"xxxx"'

i m also facing this problem,
kindly guide me which agent profile is better and how can i do?
i set Transactional replication..

[b]Muhammad Rizwan Abid
System Analyst
mrizabid@hotmail.com
davidsatz
davidsatz
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)

thank you - the developer add columns in the publishing database to the end of the table

but put them in the middle in the subscriber db
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.