SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Learning SSIS and SSRS

Learning SSIS and SSRS

Author
richardmgreen1
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi all

I've just got a new job as a developer (my T-Sql skills are quite good) but one of the requirements is the use of SSIS and SSRS.
They are willing to teach me but I'd like to get a bit of a head-start and at least know the basics of these two packages.
I've only got 2008RS Express on my machine at home and I can't seem to find any options for adding SSIS and SSRS to the kit.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?
Mark Eckeard
Mark Eckeard
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (261 reputation)SSC Veteran (261 reputation)SSC Veteran (261 reputation)SSC Veteran (261 reputation)SSC Veteran (261 reputation)SSC Veteran (261 reputation)SSC Veteran (261 reputation)SSC Veteran (261 reputation)

You can download an eval version and play with it for a limited time. Here's the link to the enterprise edition for 180 days:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=1279

Once you download it, you should be able to find plenty of tutorials on the web. There are some good ones on this site and I've used them myself.

Mark

Dawn W
Dawn W
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (578 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (578 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (578 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (578 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (578 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (578 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (578 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (578 reputation)

There are learning options on Microsoft's website also, if you search for 'learning' or 'webcasts' you should come up with lots of options.
richardmgreen1
richardmgreen1
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)

Thanks folks.
I found some of the Microsoft tutorials but really needed something practice on. Should keep my busy this weekend. Ermm
kiril.lazarov.77
kiril.lazarov.77
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (460 reputation)SSC-Addicted (460 reputation)SSC-Addicted (460 reputation)SSC-Addicted (460 reputation)SSC-Addicted (460 reputation)SSC-Addicted (460 reputation)SSC-Addicted (460 reputation)SSC-Addicted (460 reputation)

Also, Express with advanced services has SSRS (no SSIS though).
mario17
mario17
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (468 reputation)SSC-Addicted (468 reputation)SSC-Addicted (468 reputation)SSC-Addicted (468 reputation)SSC-Addicted (468 reputation)SSC-Addicted (468 reputation)SSC-Addicted (468 reputation)SSC-Addicted (468 reputation)

You get yourself into any class and get free version of any ms products on www.dreamspark.com, they just need @edu email address as a prove.
Or might be you know somebody with .edu
so you can get them all IS, AS, RS
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.