Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Not receiving daily newsletters

Not receiving daily newsletters

Author
James Lean
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Has anyone else stopped receiving the daily newsletters via email? The last one I got was Friday 15th Nov.

-----
JL
Ian Massi
Ian Massi
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)

I have also noticed this and I think the 15th was the last date for me too.
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC-Dedicated
SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)

Group: Administrators
I've sent a note in to check this.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
Lee Nadelman
Lee Nadelman
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)

I've been getting them intermittently, too. I got one today but hadn't received one in several days.
Michael_Garrison
Michael_Garrison
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)

Yes, I too maybe get 1 or 2 a week intermittent newsletters for several months now, same with the database weekely newsletter. Sometimes it is there when I come in on Monday's and sometimes not...?
Michael_Garrison
Michael_Garrison
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)

Don't know if it has anything to do with me being in the US or not?
jdarsley
jdarsley
Valued Member
Valued Member (67 reputation)Valued Member (67 reputation)Valued Member (67 reputation)Valued Member (67 reputation)Valued Member (67 reputation)Valued Member (67 reputation)Valued Member (67 reputation)Valued Member (67 reputation)

I exchanged a couple of emails earlier this week with a very helpful lady called Melanie at SSC. They were already aware of a problem, and were working to address it. My newsletters resumed on Wednesday, but when I thanked Melanie for the resumption she did say that they hadn't actually fully sorted out the problem, so it is probably still being worked on.

Edit - by the way, I'm in the UK, so it doesn't appear the problem is restricted to any one region.

James Lean
James Lean
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)

Not sure if they've fixed something but I got my newsletter today. Will see if they continue next week...

P.S. I'm in UK too.

-----
JL
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC-Dedicated
SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)

Heard late last night we have some delivery problems. Not sure of the pattern, but a fix went in yesterday. Not sure if that worked on today's newsletter or Monday's.

Please let me know if you haven't gotten one by Monday.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
Melanie.Townsend
Melanie.Townsend
Valued Member
Valued Member (68 reputation)Valued Member (68 reputation)Valued Member (68 reputation)Valued Member (68 reputation)Valued Member (68 reputation)Valued Member (68 reputation)Valued Member (68 reputation)Valued Member (68 reputation)

Hi All -
Steve's on Holiday and I cover the webmaster inbox so I thought I'd take a moment and fill you in on our Newsletter deliverability progress.

We had some major deliverability problems for about 2 weeks caused by an internal issue with one of our servers. It took a little while to find but it's now been resolved and the newsletters should be arriving in everyone's inbox consistently again.

If you still aren't receiving the newsletter for some reason, please email webmaster@sqlservercentral.com like you would normally and we'll look at your individual case.

Thanks to everyone for your patience while we figured out what was going wrong.

Melanie
SQL Server Central Team
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.