SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Multiple drill through options

Multiple drill through options

Author
tim.easley
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I'm trying to replace existing reports from another BI tool with SSRS reports. The old tool offered an option to create multiple drill through reports. When the user clicks a link in the report they get a pop-up menu to choose which report they want to drill through to. Has anyone seen this type of functionality using Report Builder? So far it looks like I can only follow a single drill through path.

Very new to SSRS and have yet only had time for Lynda training.
Scott Murray-240410
Scott Murray-240410
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (411 reputation)SSC-Addicted (411 reputation)SSC-Addicted (411 reputation)SSC-Addicted (411 reputation)SSC-Addicted (411 reputation)SSC-Addicted (411 reputation)SSC-Addicted (411 reputation)SSC-Addicted (411 reputation)

You can actually adjust the drill through text to a logically expression based on some other value including a parameter.

As an example, you may have a parameter that that has 5 different reports in the drop down....
For example..
Invoice Detail Report
Line Detail Report
Customer Report
Warehouse Report
Inventory Report

Then when the report user clicks on a specific field... say a product id, based on the parameter selected, the specific report would open. Of course you could use the product id as one of the parameters for the report to be opened.

The drill through logic could either be a multi layered "IIF" or you could use "Switch" which I find a little easier to use and comprehend.
JBrosch
JBrosch
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)

As to your status of newbie, may I suggest WiseOwl training videos? VERY good and FREE (I like free!!)
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.