SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Time out the SPID - Unknown,Autogrow of file?

Time out the SPID - Unknown,Autogrow of file?

Author
SQL Galaxy
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (6.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.4K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi.

Version - SQL Server 2008 standard edition with SP1.

Database File setting as follows

MDF file growth 1 MB unrestricted growth
LDF file growth restricted file growth up to 2TB (by default SQL values)

Even though I am facing problem some of the transaction not completed and information available at error log file

10/16/2013 14:34:57,spid63,Unknown,Autogrow of file 'databasename_log' in database ''databasename' was cancelled by user or timed out after 47 milliseconds. Use ALTER DATABASE to set a smaller FILEGROWTH value for this file or to explicitly set a new file size.

Pl. suggestion me what could be issues, why that tracsaction accouping upto 2TB?

After that I have changed data & log file setting

MDF file growth 100 MB unrestricted growth
LDF file growth restricted file growth up to 30GB

Thanks
ananda
Bhuvnesh
Bhuvnesh
SSChampion
SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)

Is the log drive being used by other things too like tempdb or data files ?

And what was the initiall size of this log file ? and have you set the percent growth or MB growth and how much ?

-------Bhuvnesh----------
I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)
SQL Galaxy
SQL Galaxy
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (6.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.4K reputation)

Bhuvnesh (10/16/2013)
Is the log drive being used by other things too like tempdb or data files ?

And what was the initiall size of this log file ? and have you set the percent growth or MB growth and how much ?

that database log file growth 50 MB and initial size is 30 MB.

Yes, Instance have multiple database available and also all database data and log file located same "D" drive.

Tempdb location another drive in C drive..
Bhuvnesh
Bhuvnesh
SSChampion
SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)

ananda.murugesan (10/16/2013)
Yes, Instance have multiple database available and also all database data and log file located same "D" drive.

This could be reason.

ALTEAST try to place Log files on another (separate) drive and TempDB on another too.

IS it a Dev server ? and what the total D drive disk ?

I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)
SQL Galaxy
SQL Galaxy
SSCertifiable

Bhuvnesh (10/17/2013)
ananda.murugesan (10/16/2013)

This could be reason.

ALTEAST try to place Log files on another (separate) drive and TempDB on another too.

IS it a Dev server ? and what the total D drive disk ?

It is production server.. all the partition in RAID 5

There is no meaning data file and log file placed on different dirve if server HW have single array controller..
Bhuvnesh
Bhuvnesh
SSChampion

ananda.murugesan (10/17/2013)
It is production server.. all the partition in RAID 5
There is no meaning data file and log file placed on different dirve if server HW have single array controller..
I wasnt aware of RAID .

SQL Galaxy
SQL Galaxy
SSCertifiable

Due to that error AUTO SHIRNK enabled on that database..after disabled error was not appear in log file during transactions..

also log file inital size 1 GB and allow gorwth upto 30GB and growth increment 25MB..
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.