SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

getting SSIS ADO to run with the agent

getting SSIS ADO to run with the agent

Author
mlstephens14
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I'm building packages to move data from Progress OpenEdge to MSSQL2008r2. It runs in VStudio on this server as well as the utility on Integration but not with the job scheduler. I built a test SSIS package using MS32bit ODBC so I could do a microsoft to Microsoft etl thinking it was PROGRESS---no sucess. I thought it must be a permissions thing on the scheduler but it will run an SSIS package with OLEDB drivers. Now I think it's pwd problems, did the change with ProtectionLevelBigGrinon'tSaveSensitive but then how does the job get the pwd? Here the error message, Help been beating my head against a wall
Version 10.50.4000.0 for 32-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2010. All rights reserved.
Started: 11:15:01 AM

Error: 2013-10-14 11:15:02.42
Code: 0xC0047062
Source: Data Flow Task ADO NET Source [1]
Description: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException:
ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionHandle..ctor(OdbcConnection connection, OdbcConnectionString constr, OdbcEnvironmentHandle environmentHandle)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionOpen..ctor(OdbcConnection outerConnection, OdbcConnectionString connectionOptions)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo,
DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open()
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.ManagedHelper.GetManagedConnection(String assemblyQualifiedName, String connStr, Object transaction)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.IDTSConnectionManager100.AcquireConnection(Object pTransaction)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.DataReaderSourceAdapter.AcquireConnections(Object transaction)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostAcquireConnections(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper, Object transaction)
End Error

Error: 2013-10-14 11:15:02.43
Code: 0xC0047017
Source: Data Flow Task SSIS.Pipeline
Description: component "ADO NET Source" (1) failed validation and returned error code 0x80131937.
End Error

Error: 2013-10-14 11:15:02.47
Code: 0xC004700C
Source: Data Flow Task SSIS.Pipeline
Description: One or more component failed validation.
End Error

Error: 2013-10-14 11:15:02.48
Code: 0xC0024107
Source: Data Flow Task
Description: There were errors during task validation.
End Error

DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1).
Started: 11:15:01 AM Finished: 11:15:02 AM Elapsed: 1.311 seconds.
The package execution failed. The step failed.
Koen Verbeeck
Koen Verbeeck
One Orange Chip
One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
If you use DontSaveSensitive, you need to store the username and pasword in a configuration.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?
My blog at SQLKover.

MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.