Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Can I stop SSRS from attempting to render a chart?

Can I stop SSRS from attempting to render a chart?

Author
Eliza
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi,

I have a report that errors with the message "System.OutOfMemoryException"

The report had a number of charts, but some of these have no data. They display the axis but not the bars. Is there a way to stop SSRS from processing these charts? I can hide them, not a problem but I want the report to not attempt to create it based on logic looking to see if there data for the bars is there.

Thanks
Eliza
Amit Raut
Amit Raut
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (827 reputation)SSC Eights! (827 reputation)SSC Eights! (827 reputation)SSC Eights! (827 reputation)SSC Eights! (827 reputation)SSC Eights! (827 reputation)SSC Eights! (827 reputation)SSC Eights! (827 reputation)

May be number of queries in the report cause OutOfMemory exception. Tyr tuning the queries. You may handle rendering of report by checking record count, but what if the query itself is taking time to execute. If possible, use only one query to get results for all charts.
Eliza
Eliza
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)

Amit Raut (10/1/2013)
May be number of queries in the report cause OutOfMemory exception. Tyr tuning the queries. You may handle rendering of report by checking record count, but what if the query itself is taking time to execute. If possible, use only one query to get results for all charts.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I only have one query that takes about 8 seconds to run without any charts. In Sql management studio it's even quicker. I think the issue is I have for each "detail row" a chart, which works out at about 20,000 rows. However not each of these rows has the complete data to make the chart. The report draws the axis regardless. If I add where clauses to the query to show only were we do have complete data the report runs with no issues.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.