*Note - I'm new here - if you see something you do or don't like, let me know!*
Actively seeking a qualified Sr. SQL DBA in the San Antonio area!
- Administration and maintenance of enterprise databases - SQL Server 2000-2008; vendor managed Oracle databases, their configuration, and administration.
- Investigate and document database and server information
- Plan, deploy, support and maintain new databases
- Proactively monitor databases and resolve any alerts
- Implement and release database changes according to agreed cost and timelines
- Implement database backup strategies for new projects
- Enforce security and best practices within database environments and patch database instances
- 24 hour availability when on-call and the willingness to work outside business hours as needed
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures and government regulatory requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant work experience
- Experience managing multiple MS SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008 RDBMS on enterprise Systems
- Strong self-sufficiency and initiative working on database projects
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide high availability and maximum performance
- Solid knowledge with database system migration, upgrade and patching
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external clients
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Ability to travel occasionally, work off-hours, and participation in an on-call rotation.
Please send an updated resume to be considered! firstname.lastname@example.org