SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

IP addresse blocked for a specific database in the same named instance

IP addresse blocked for a specific database in the same named instance

Author
majid_estm
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Dear all,

Please can you help me? I have a big problem with SQL server 2012 installed on the windows server 2012 :
I have three Databases on a named instance 192.168.1.1\BIOUGNACH2012SP1 and some time the end users try to connect to one of the three databases (for example to the first company: Biougnach équipement) but the connection failed, for the two other databases it's work correctly.

So I change just the IP address of the machine(end user) to a new one and when I try again the connection work correctly.

for more information :
- when the machine is blocked I ping on the server address and the ping work correctly.
- I have disable firewall on the windows server 2012.
- The application connected to 3 databases (3 company) in the same server and named instance.
- I use the same connection string in the application, I change just the database Name, I use the same user/password for the three databases.

Please Help me.
Erland Sommarskog
Erland Sommarskog
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)

What exactly is the error message that users get when they try to connect?

Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, www.sommarskog.se
majid_estm
majid_estm
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)

Une erreur de niveau transport s'est produite lors de la réception des résultats du serveur. (provider: Fournisseur TCP, error: 0 - Le nom réseau spécifié n’est plus disponible.) à System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
à System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
à System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
à System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadSniError(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, UInt32 error)
à System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadSni(DbAsyncResult asyncResult, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
à System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadNetworkPacket()
à System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadBuffer()
à System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadByte()
à System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
à System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
majid_estm
majid_estm
Grasshopper

A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The specified network name is no longer available.)
majid_estm
majid_estm
Grasshopper

I think this is a transport error, because I have use SQL profiler to see is that the server has received the request and also he answer or not, and I found the request and response as
"Audit Login" & "RPC: Completed exec stored procedure name" & "Audit Logout"

Many thanks for your understanding
Erland Sommarskog
Erland Sommarskog
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)

Yes, this is a problem in your network somewhere. You should be able to produce this problem by sending a query that produces a result set of some size, and in the middle of it, pull the network cable.

Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, www.sommarskog.se
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.