SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SQL 2008 SSIS package runs in BIDS but not job

SQL 2008 SSIS package runs in BIDS but not job

Author
Laura Schmalzbauer
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I have a SQL Server 2008 64-bit SSIS package that runs just fine in BIDS.

However, when i create and run the job, it fails saying it can't find the path for the checkpoint file. I have evaluated the expression that creates the path for the checkpoint file and it evaluates to the correct location.

There are configuration files which go to a SQL server table. There is another configuration file which goes to an environment variable. I have deleted and added back in the configuration file and the environment variable that points to the path for the checkpoint file thinking it was cached somewhere. This didn't do anything.

The SQL server table is SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2.

It seems like the configuration files are not being applied to the job.

The job runs under a proxy account, which has read access to the sql server table.

I have logged into the server the SSIS package runs the job under in order to see if it would run in BIDS, it does. I have also deleted and recreated the job.
s_osborne2
s_osborne2
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (997 reputation)SSC Eights! (997 reputation)SSC Eights! (997 reputation)SSC Eights! (997 reputation)SSC Eights! (997 reputation)SSC Eights! (997 reputation)SSC Eights! (997 reputation)SSC Eights! (997 reputation)

Sounds like a permissions issue to me. Does the credential the proxy account uses have access to the path where the checkpoint file is?

Thanks,

Simon

MCSE: Data Platform
MCSE: Business Intelligence
Follow me on Twitter: @WazzTheBadger
LinkedIn Profile: Simon Osborne
Laura Schmalzbauer
Laura Schmalzbauer
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)

it does. It has read/write/modify permissions
gasbod
gasbod
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)

Have you checked Run in 64 bit Mode?
Worth a check.
John Mitchell-245523
John Mitchell-245523
SSChampion
SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)

If you've got an environment variable package configuration, I think you need to restart SQL Server after you add or change it.

John
s_osborne2
s_osborne2
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (997 reputation)SSC Eights! (997 reputation)SSC Eights! (997 reputation)SSC Eights! (997 reputation)SSC Eights! (997 reputation)SSC Eights! (997 reputation)SSC Eights! (997 reputation)SSC Eights! (997 reputation)

Ok so at what point does it fail, trying to create the checkpoint file, or trying to read it?

MCSE: Data Platform
MCSE: Business Intelligence
Follow me on Twitter: @WazzTheBadger
LinkedIn Profile: Simon Osborne
Laura Schmalzbauer
Laura Schmalzbauer
SSC-Enthusiastic

the issue ended up being that I was using a copy of the ssis package when i was trying to troubleshoot. Any changes I made was not saving to the package where the job was calling it
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.