SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

I have few doubts, SOMEONE PLZ ANSWER MY QUEESTIONS –Thanks in advanced.

I have few doubts, SOMEONE PLZ ANSWER MY QUEESTIONS –Thanks in advanced.

Author
rajeshn29.dba
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (446 reputation)SSC-Addicted (446 reputation)SSC-Addicted (446 reputation)SSC-Addicted (446 reputation)SSC-Addicted (446 reputation)SSC-Addicted (446 reputation)SSC-Addicted (446 reputation)SSC-Addicted (446 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi All

1. In mirroring If I add data file in primary server will it reflect in mirror server or not?
If yes can you pls explain me?
2. In transactional replication if we get ‘ log file full on subscriber end’ then how to resolve the issue.
3. In transactional replication with updatable subscriber I have added the data file at subscriber end but it is not reflecting at the publisher end.What should I do to resolve it?
4. In log shipping secondary server if we get log file is full then how to resolve the issue.
balasaukri
balasaukri
Old Hand
Old Hand (337 reputation)Old Hand (337 reputation)Old Hand (337 reputation)Old Hand (337 reputation)Old Hand (337 reputation)Old Hand (337 reputation)Old Hand (337 reputation)Old Hand (337 reputation)

rajeshn29.dba (7/20/2013)

Hi All

1. In mirroring If I add data file in primary server will it reflect in mirror server or not?
2. In transactional replication if we get ‘ log file full on subscriber end’ then how to resolve the issue.
3. In transactional replication with updatable subscriber I have added the data file at subscriber end but it is not reflecting at the publisher end.What should I do to resolve it?
4. In log shipping secondary server if we get log file is full then how to resolve the issue.

1. Please refer Gail's comment; Thanks Gail.
2. Do the same workaround as how you will do for other databases. Check the log_reuse_wait_desc column from sys.databases and do accordingly. Ideally you can keep the database in 'SIMPLE' recovery.
3. Refer 1.
4. Shrinking the files in PRIMARY will reflect in SECONDARY in LS/ Mirroring. So shrink the log file in Primary.
GilaMonster
GilaMonster
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (227K reputation)SSC Guru (227K reputation)SSC Guru (227K reputation)SSC Guru (227K reputation)SSC Guru (227K reputation)SSC Guru (227K reputation)SSC Guru (227K reputation)SSC Guru (227K reputation)

Hi All

Yes, it'll be reflected just fine. Just make sure that the secondary has the same drive letters as the primary

Please read through this: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Transaction+Log/72488/

Add it at the publisher. Replication replicates data changes, not database structure changes.

Log shipping secondary won't run out of log space. The primary might.
Please read through this: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Transaction+Log/72488/

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

GilaMonster
GilaMonster
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (227K reputation)SSC Guru (227K reputation)SSC Guru (227K reputation)SSC Guru (227K reputation)SSC Guru (227K reputation)SSC Guru (227K reputation)SSC Guru (227K reputation)SSC Guru (227K reputation)

balasaukri (7/20/2013)
4. Shrinking the files in PRIMARY will reflect in SECONDARY in LS/ Mirroring. So shrink the log file in Primary.

Attempting to shrink a full log is just a waste of time. It's full, there's no space in the file to release to the OS, so why on earth would you try to shrink (release free space to the OS)?

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

durai nagarajan
durai nagarajan
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.5K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.5K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.5K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.5K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.5K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.5K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.5K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.5K reputation)

Hi All

Are they interview questions, too many topics covered.

Regards
Durai Nagarajan
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.