SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

The OLE DB provider "OraOLEDB.Oracle" has not been registered.

Author
tnnelzo
Valued Member
Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hello

I would like to connect oracle database to sql server 2005 and i installed oracle client and also used the following queries to create a linked server

1.sp_addlinkedserver 'AGRICULTS', 'Oracle',
'OraOLEDB.Oracle', 'BILLSTBLS'

2.sp_addlinkedsrvlogin 'AGRICULTS', false, NULL, 'user',
'password'

The linked server is created but when i try to run my query in sql server 2005 i get the following error:

please help on this issue. Thanks.
Cowboy DBA
Cowboy DBA
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (225 reputation)SSC Veteran (225 reputation)SSC Veteran (225 reputation)SSC Veteran (225 reputation)SSC Veteran (225 reputation)SSC Veteran (225 reputation)SSC Veteran (225 reputation)SSC Veteran (225 reputation)

Tried Googling it?
tnnelzo
tnnelzo
Valued Member
Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)

Yes i have been googled it several times but all in vain. ...thanks.
happycat59
happycat59
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)

Where did you install the Oracle client software ? For it to used as a linked server, it will need to be installed onto the Windows server that you have the SQL Server database engine installed on

Koen Verbeeck
Koen Verbeeck
One Orange Chip
One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)

Maybe you installed the 32-bit client while SQL Server is 64-bit?

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?
My blog at SQLKover.

MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP
tnnelzo
tnnelzo
Valued Member

I installed the Oracle client on the same drive where SQL Server is installed.
Jo Pattyn
Jo Pattyn
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)

As Koen mentioned, did you install the 64-bit variant of the oracle client?
Did you reboot?
AlexMcCo
AlexMcCo
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)

Hi,

To register provider you need one more oracle product instantclient-sqlplus-win-x86-64-11.2.0.1.0.zip and make some changes in register. All details are described in this article. http://nampark.wordpress.com/2011/01/20/installing-64-bit-odac-11-2-to-microsoft-sql-server-2008-r2-x64-for-replication/

Hope it helps. (I used this article to create oracle linked server to SQL 2014, Oracle version is 11)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Brevity is the soul of wit.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.