Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SSRS report manager not rendering charts

SSRS report manager not rendering charts

Author
ijidak
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
We have built out a new report server using SQL 2012. After deploying our new and old reports to this server, charts are not rendering. It doesn't matter whether viewing reports in a browser or attempting to export to PDF.

The following is what we see in Production:

However, we should be seeing something like this (from Report Manager in my dev environment):

This is happening with ALL of our charts. The data renders fine.

In production, we're using: SQL Server 2012 on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Standard (64-bit)

On my dev environment. I have SQL Server 2012 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise (64-bit)

Thanks!
ijidak
ijidak
ijidak
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)

I should specify my question... Anyone know why reporting would fail to render charts for any of my reports?

It seems like it would have to be some server configuration, but I'm surprised that everything else on the server renders just fine, but just the charts are broken. I'm using the chart controls that come with SSRS, not 3rd part controls.
ijidak
ijidak
Forum Newbie

I was able to resolve this. I had to do a repair install on SQL server. After that the charts worked fine. I saw someone else had this same problem and that resolved it for them. I also turned off hard drive compression. I'm not sure if that played a role.
renuc
renuc
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)

Restart the Report server. :-)
MattF
MattF
Old Hand
Old Hand (304 reputation)Old Hand (304 reputation)Old Hand (304 reputation)Old Hand (304 reputation)Old Hand (304 reputation)Old Hand (304 reputation)Old Hand (304 reputation)Old Hand (304 reputation)

We had the same issue - just restarted the Report Server service after deploying the charts to resolve.
Thanks!
kalyan.dixit9
kalyan.dixit9
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)

Thanks all. Restarting Reporting Service did the trick.
iliveonit
iliveonit
Forum Newbie

Even I restarted my Reporting Services and Charts started getting displayed !!!
Thank You - for all vital suggestions here.
kanth.lanka
kanth.lanka
Forum Newbie

Thanks for the help. Restarting report server worked for me as well.
aliasghar.arabi
aliasghar.arabi
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)

Hi everyone,
I stopped and started SSRS through Report Service configuration Manager but the chart still does not render in report server!?
nmeyer
nmeyer
Forum Newbie

:-) Thanks. Same issue, same solution -- restart SSRS services
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.