Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

I would REALLY like some fast help with this problem!

I would REALLY like some fast help with this problem!

Author
GilaMonster
SSC-Forever
SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
hamed1337 (5/13/2013)
Thank you for the tip, i already did that when i saw that you guys aren't supporting SQL 2000.

It's not us that's not supporting SQL 2000 (can you really call a forum with volunteers posting whatever they want 'support'?) It's Microsoft. No more patches, no more service packs and no support from MS customer support.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Sean Lange
Sean Lange
SSCoach
SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)

hamed1337 (5/12/2013)
http://www.dkunderground.org/forums/topic/751-mssql-sql-server-2008-installation-dekaron-db-setup/
And i even tried with sql 2008 but i encountered some errors while executing querys

Have you tried setting the compatibility mode to 2000?

Need help? Help us help you.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Need to split a string? Try Jeff Moden's splitter.

Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 1 – Converting Rows to Columns
Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 2 - Dynamic Cross Tabs
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 1)
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 2)
nick.mcdermaid
nick.mcdermaid
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (195 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (195 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (195 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (195 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (195 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (195 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (195 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (195 reputation)

Why don't you change the tone of the question from 'how do I get SQL 2000 to install' to "how do I get my game to work on SQL 2008"

You can start by posting the exact error that you get when you try and run it against SQL 2008.
marcel.eppel
marcel.eppel
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)

nick.mcdermaid (5/13/2013)
Why don't you change the tone of the question from 'how do I get SQL 2000 to install' to "how do I get my game to work on SQL 2008"

You can start by posting the exact error that you get when you try and run it against SQL 2008.

Would be the better approach. With SQL 2000 sooner or later you're screwed. Try to upgrade the database asap.
hamed1337
hamed1337
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)

Gila monster sorry, i was a little bit tired taht day so i just said what i didn't think of before
Sean Lange What do you mean? Can i make the 2008 to 2000?
nick.mcdermaid It's because i have game query errors, and that's something only a guy that knows this shit about dekaron databases
i can't upgrade the database, i have no clue of this, i only follow tutorials that ain't telling me anything that's that very "healthy". I mean i learn what i do, but i haven't learned anything about upgrading dekaron files.

I know i'm typing ugly but i'm REALLY tired right now so sorry, ask me if you don't understand what i wrote.
Sean Lange
Sean Lange
SSCoach
SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)

hamed1337 (5/14/2013)

Sean Lange What do you mean? Can i make the 2008 to 2000?

By setting the compatibility mode. You can right click the database in object explorer -> Properties -> Options -> Compatibility level:

Set it to 2000 mode. See what happens.

Need help? Help us help you.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Need to split a string? Try Jeff Moden's splitter.

Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 1 – Converting Rows to Columns
Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 2 - Dynamic Cross Tabs
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 1)
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 2)
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.