I would appreciate if you guys can recommend a good installation setup for SQL Server 2008. Below are the Hardware/Software Specs.
1. Sql Server 2008 R2 Enterprise
2. Intel Xeon 3.3GHZ - 16GB Ram
3. Primary Drive - 2 * 1TB HD (RAID 1)
4. Secondary Storage - 1TB single drive (another volume)
1. DB will be using Simple Recovery as we don't care to lose a days worth of data.
2. We will not be using SQL Server's other Services (Replication, Analysis etc)
1. Where should we install the data files? In the Primary where I can benefit from RAID 1 or Secondary Storage where it will be separate from the OS except I dont have redundancy (although I can run a backup every night and I as mentioned, dont care if we lose some data)?
2. Any other config options I should be considering?
Thanks a bunch!