SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Part 1: How to solve the transactional issues of isolation levels

Part 1: How to solve the transactional issues of isolation levels

Author
at.yazdani
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Part 1: How to solve the transactional issues of isolation levels
parveen.verma
parveen.verma
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)

Good Article where Concurrency problems and Isolations levels are described in simple form.
Good work :-) Thanks!!
fajprieto
fajprieto
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)

First of all I introduce myself my name is Javier Prieto (Capilla del Monte, Cordoba - Argentina) and attend a facility with SQLSERVER 2008 R2 STD.

On this issue I tell ...

All client pc run Visual Fox Pro9 ADODB Connection and work against the engine.

To make a reservation, according to the theory, with use the statement
SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE UNCOMMITTED
there should be no way that two pc try to lock a record at the same time, however happens.

I understand that if the sentence is utilizace from a stored procedure, maybe meet what I should do. But the sentence the way through ADODB and thus does not have the desired effects. In fact I did not find the way it really is serializable.

What I also came to the concept of having to add that statement is as follows:
select @Pudo=COUNT(*) from Bloqueos with (UpdLock)

With "with (UpdLock)" could greatly reduce the number of users, but I could not remove.

Maybe you know some effective technique that can be used with ADODB.Crying
jerryschiffelbein 85806
jerryschiffelbein 85806
Valued Member
Valued Member (72 reputation)Valued Member (72 reputation)Valued Member (72 reputation)Valued Member (72 reputation)Valued Member (72 reputation)Valued Member (72 reputation)Valued Member (72 reputation)Valued Member (72 reputation)

It would be very helpful if more attention was given to proof reading articles before posting them. This one has numerous grammar and punctuation errors which make it very cumbersome to read.
SQLGuy64
SQLGuy64
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (231 reputation)SSC Veteran (231 reputation)SSC Veteran (231 reputation)SSC Veteran (231 reputation)SSC Veteran (231 reputation)SSC Veteran (231 reputation)SSC Veteran (231 reputation)SSC Veteran (231 reputation)

just a note to say that isolation level is set at the connection level and that the default is read committed and that if another isolation level is desired it needs to be set in the connection
fajprieto
fajprieto
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)

I'm sorry but my home language is Spanish and I use the Google translator to write the post.

Maybe then you can tell me a good site to post in Spanish.:-D
jerryschiffelbein 85806
jerryschiffelbein 85806
Valued Member
Valued Member (72 reputation)Valued Member (72 reputation)Valued Member (72 reputation)Valued Member (72 reputation)Valued Member (72 reputation)Valued Member (72 reputation)Valued Member (72 reputation)Valued Member (72 reputation)

D'oh! Language barrier. That would explain it then. In that case, if a reviewer is unavailable, then it may be helpful to include a disclaimer in future articles.
temp 95500
temp 95500
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)

> or it may show (-20$) (which is quite impossible as of banking constraints)

Not in the USA... the bank would gladly let the account go negative and charge another $50 fee Sad
at.yazdani
at.yazdani
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

Thanks for your note.
I recommend you to be wait for the second part. I hope the clarification can help.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.