SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Flight Data

Flight Data

Author
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (147K reputation)SSC Guru (147K reputation)SSC Guru (147K reputation)SSC Guru (147K reputation)SSC Guru (147K reputation)SSC Guru (147K reputation)SSC Guru (147K reputation)SSC Guru (147K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Flight Data

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
Frank W Fulton Jr
Frank W Fulton Jr
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (147 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (147 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (147 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (147 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (147 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (147 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (147 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (147 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
How many people could multipy 43564 x 35794 without a Calculator.
Tobar
Tobar
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)

Frank W Fulton Jr (4/24/2013)

I would hope most everyone who has been to school could. Anybody that knows the principles behind multiplication should be able to. It might take awhile, and they might make mistakes though.

Steve,
Grew up in ND, go through Fargo 2 or 3 times a year. Alas, have never seen the movie, but understand the humor. Spend a little time filling sandbags while you are in Fargo. They will appreciate it.

<><
Livin' down on the cube farm. Left, left, then a right.
Tobar
Tobar
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)

Took me 6 minutes, but I was off by 3M. :-) Close enough for government work, unless of course you are NASA. :-) Didn't take due care, and didn't recheck my work.

<><
Livin' down on the cube farm. Left, left, then a right.
jay-h
jay-h
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.8K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.8K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.8K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.8K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.8K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.8K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.8K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.8K reputation)

Tobar (4/25/2013)

Took me 6 minutes, but I was off by 3M. :-) Close enough for government work, unless of course you are NASA. :-) Didn't take due care, and didn't recheck my work.

'Casting out the 9's' is a great way to spot check calculations. Learned that from a math teacher in grade school back in the mid '60s.

BTW I have a slide rule in my desk drawer (as well as one built into my watch). Ready for the Zombpocalypse

-- FORTRAN manual for Xerox Computers --
lionfan91
lionfan91
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)

Good luck. You probably have a better chance of delays with the FAA furlough nonsense going on than with data issues. Big gov't at it's "finest"...

Scott Arendt
Scott Arendt
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)

Like Tobar, I would hope that most people can do that multiplication.

It is nice to have tools to do such things for us, but we should have an understanding of what that tool is doing.

Scott
Greg.Jackson
Greg.Jackson
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)

Steve,

I'm a religious follower of the SQLServerCentral.com site. Also thrilled to hear that you are coming here to Fargo. (That's what I call home.) You'll be disappointed to hear that the movie Fargo was never even filmed anywhere close to our location as it was filmed in Minnesota. :-D Would love to be able to attend the SQLSaturday this weekend, but other priorities right now. Have a great flight and stay in the wonderful state of North Dakota.
James Knowlton-206473
James Knowlton-206473
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)

No, not big government at its finest, the US Congress at it's finest. The only true group of Government employees who can fail to do their job, work only 25% of the time and generally keep their jobs long enough (what two terms) to have retirement for life with no age restriction.
jay-h
jay-h
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.8K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.8K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.8K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.8K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.8K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.8K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.8K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.8K reputation)

James Knowlton-206473 (4/25/2013)
No, not big government at its finest, the US Congress at it's finest. The only true group of Government employees who can fail to do their job, work only 25% of the time and generally keep their jobs long enough (what two terms) to have retirement for life with no age restriction.

And unfortunately the way they get voted into that job is to spend money they don't have

-- FORTRAN manual for Xerox Computers --
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.