SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Could not connect to 'srvrXYZ' server because 'srvrXYZ' is not defined as a remote server

Could not connect to 'srvrXYZ' server because 'srvrXYZ' is not defined as a remote server

Author
dba.sql29
Old Hand
Old Hand (393 reputation)Old Hand (393 reputation)Old Hand (393 reputation)Old Hand (393 reputation)Old Hand (393 reputation)Old Hand (393 reputation)Old Hand (393 reputation)Old Hand (393 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi Experts

I am trying to delete my publication from my Publication server and i am getting error. I have already dropped distribution database and none of the jobs are running still I can not drop the Publication. Please help

Screen Short Attached of the problem

Thanks
Attachments
SQL REPLICATION.jpg (9 views, 233.00 KB)
Neeraj Dwivedi
Neeraj Dwivedi
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)

try this..
sp_droppublication @publication='publicationName', @ignore_distributor = 1
dba.sql29
dba.sql29
Old Hand
Old Hand (393 reputation)Old Hand (393 reputation)Old Hand (393 reputation)Old Hand (393 reputation)Old Hand (393 reputation)Old Hand (393 reputation)Old Hand (393 reputation)Old Hand (393 reputation)

Giving error

Can not drop the Publication because at least one Subscription exists for this Publication.
Drop all Subscription to the Publication before attempting to drop the Publication.

Now I am getting this error . I never made any Subscription on my Subscription database.
Neeraj Dwivedi
Neeraj Dwivedi
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)

Check under replication "Local Subscription"? Is there any?
dba.sql29
dba.sql29
Old Hand

No there is no Subscriptions there
Neeraj Dwivedi
Neeraj Dwivedi
SSCrazy

Do you see anything under Local Publication then Publication and click on + of publication..If yes try the below mentioned command..

USE master
EXEC sp_removedbreplication @dbname='DBName'
GO
sp_dropsubscription @subscriber='SubscriptionName'-- If you find anything under +

sp_droppublication 'PublicationName'
dba.sql29
dba.sql29
Old Hand

So I was able to remove the replication that command went fine, but there is no subscription & Publication is still there.
Neeraj Dwivedi
Neeraj Dwivedi
SSCrazy

Glad it worked for you.
dba.sql29
dba.sql29
Old Hand

Thanks A lot
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.