SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

List of Stored Procedures modified in past 7 days

List of Stored Procedures modified in past 7 days

Author
nitesh_rd
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (32 reputation)SSC Rookie (32 reputation)SSC Rookie (32 reputation)SSC Rookie (32 reputation)SSC Rookie (32 reputation)SSC Rookie (32 reputation)SSC Rookie (32 reputation)SSC Rookie (32 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item List of Stored Procedures modified in past 7 days
rob-660781
rob-660781
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)

Is there a way to modify this to work in SQL 2000? I can get a list of stored procedures by changing sys.objects to sysobjects and removing the modify_date portion of the code. Is there another table in SQL 2000 that has the modify date? Thanks.
bitBIG
bitBIG
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (23 reputation)Grasshopper (23 reputation)Grasshopper (23 reputation)Grasshopper (23 reputation)Grasshopper (23 reputation)Grasshopper (23 reputation)Grasshopper (23 reputation)Grasshopper (23 reputation)

rob-660781 (4/24/2013)
Is there a way to modify this to work in SQL 2000? I can get a list of stored procedures by changing sys.objects to sysobjects and removing the modify_date portion of the code. Is there another table in SQL 2000 that has the modify date? Thanks.

I don't believe this is possible as modify_date is not part of sysobjects system table in SQL 2000. It is explained at the linked page under the section entitled "Is it Possible to See the Create/Modify Date in SQL Server 2000?": http://jwcooney.com/2012/03/08/sql-server-search-stored-procedure-createmodify-date-or-text-using-tsql/. The author provides an approach on how you could solve the lack of a modify_date column.

<<EDIT:>>

Try this query, maybe it works for you:

SELECT
SPECIFIC_NAME,
CREATED,
LAST_ALTERED
FROM
Information_Schema.Routines

Found it at http://dbaspot.com/sqlserver-programming/418380-how-get-store-procedure-sql2000-last-modify-datetime-thanks-print.html but it would appear that CREATED and LAST_ALTERED are the same. So in the end that isn't really effective either.

<</EndEdit>>

Regards,
/bitBIG
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (223K reputation)SSC Guru (223K reputation)SSC Guru (223K reputation)SSC Guru (223K reputation)SSC Guru (223K reputation)SSC Guru (223K reputation)SSC Guru (223K reputation)SSC Guru (223K reputation)

Group: Administrators
SQL 2000 has a version column. You can use that if you store the previous value, which would require some job that grabs this daily and looks for changes.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
rob-660781
rob-660781
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)

Thanks to both of you, I will investigate further.
Iwas Bornready
Iwas Bornready
One Orange Chip
One Orange Chip (29K reputation)One Orange Chip (29K reputation)One Orange Chip (29K reputation)One Orange Chip (29K reputation)One Orange Chip (29K reputation)One Orange Chip (29K reputation)One Orange Chip (29K reputation)One Orange Chip (29K reputation)

This is really cool, thanks. Works great on my 2008 R2.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.