Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

RS in Sharepoint integrated mode and semicolon as export file field delimiter

RS in Sharepoint integrated mode and semicolon as export file field delimiter

Author
Jonas Bergström
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
First a bit ambigious on wether to ask for a new Sharepoint Topic group, or posting this question in RS or SQL 2012 groups, what's your opinion?

Anyway, I stumbled upon the need to change the CSV export file default behaviour to use comma (",") as the field delimiter, and instead use another sign (here: semicolon (";") but from other forum sites I have spotted need for the [TAB] sign as well as the [SPACE] sign).

In old 2008 RS server I found and changed the rsreportserver.config file found in \MSSQL\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer Folder (and not in the subfolder \BIN as stated in MS documentation) from:

<Extension Name="CSV" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.DataRenderer.CsvReport,Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataRendering"/>

to:

<Extension Name="CSV" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.DataRenderer.CsvReport,Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataRendering">
<Configuration>
<DeviceInfo>
<FieldDelimiter>";"</FieldDelimiter>
</DeviceInfo>

</Configuration>
</Extension>

and it worked as wanted.

But where do I do the same change in an Sharepoint 2010 RS 2008 R2 integraded server (where the SQL Server i separate from the webserver)?

I found the RSreportserver.config at the SQL Server instans server in a quite different folder location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\WebServices\Reporting\

And also - that file is quite different from the one in RS 2008 and doesn't have the CSV Extension attribute at all. Could I just add the whole shabang?
astashkevich
astashkevich
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hello, Jonas.

You need use powershell to change configuration in that case. Like in this article http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg492249(SQL.110).aspx
You need update ConfigurationXml to something like that:

<DeviceInfo>
<FieldDelimiter xml:space='preserve'>;</FieldDelimiter>
</DeviceInfo>

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.