I have an SQL Server 2008R2 server instance that is hitting the RAM ceiling and crippling the server.
- Server has 12GB RAM
- Task Manager shows more than 9.5GB of RAM being used on SQLServr.exe, I am getting time-out errors on C# queries, and connecting to the server via SSMS
- Management won't allow for increased RAM on this server
- Restarting the SQL Server service fixes the issue, but the RAM slowly climbs back up
- Online SQL Queries are showing that my databases are using approximately 2.5GB of RAM for buffer pages all added up
- This issue has happened approximately once a week for the last few weeks
Could anyone please direct me on how to better monitor / see where this memory usage is going? I'd appreciate some assistance on this.