SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Full-Text Search – Thesaurus Languages

Full-Text Search – Thesaurus Languages

Author
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Full-Text Search – Thesaurus Languages

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
demonfox
demonfox
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I got it right :-)
No reference required this time ; I got the answer since the last question posted by steve on thesaurus files :-D

thanks for the question !!!

Edit :

~ demonfox
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)

+1 :-)

Thanks
Vinay Kumar
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Keep Learning - Keep Growing !!!
www.GrowWithSql.com
Lokesh Vij
Lokesh Vij
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)

demonfox (3/18/2013)
I got it right :-)
No reference required this time ; I got the answer since the last question posted by steve on thesaurus files :-D

thanks for the question !!!

Edit :

+1
I knew the right answer, not sure what make me think to mark the in-correct option w00t

~ Lokesh Vij

Guidelines for quicker answers on T-SQL question
Guidelines for answers on Performance questions

Link to my Blog Post --> www.SQLPathy.com

Follow me @Twitter

Carlo Romagnano
Carlo Romagnano
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5K reputation)

Good qotd!
:-)

I run on tuttopodismo
Hugo Kornelis
Hugo Kornelis
SSChampion
SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)

Great question, Steve!!

I had a strong hunch, but I wanted to know for sure so I tried to find a list of three-letter language codes. I couldn't - so I ended up just following my hunch to see if I was right and to see the documentation reference in the explanation.

I turned out to be right, but the reference leaves me wanting more. It points to a list of language codes in the format xx-YY (four letters seperated by a dash), not the three-letter format required for thesaurus files. It appears as if the three-letter format is always found by removing the dash and the last letter from the listed language code, but this is not described on that web page. And after following the link on that page to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/goglobal/bb896001.aspx (which is listed as being documentation for Windows Vista!), I see a table that suggests that this is not the case - but that also includes many languages that I believe not to be supported by SQL Server, so I'm not sure how relevant this is.

Can anyone fill me in on the missing details?

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server MVP
Visit my SQL Server blog: http://sqlblog.com/blogs/hugo_kornelis
Raghavendra Mudugal
Raghavendra Mudugal
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)

Simply the best, thank you for posting steve...

(i looked into the thesaurus file location on the hard drive and then noticed eng/enu two files but was not sure which one was US? i thought possibly this will be the answer where there are two files on english and not knowing which to edit... and it was right. initially from the previous qtod on the same subject was related to using sp to load; i was thinking of that but then no answer and this in)

ww; Raghu
--
The first and the hardest SQL statement I have wrote- "select * from customers" - and I was happy and felt smart.
(Bob Brown)
(Bob Brown)
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (887 reputation)SSC Eights! (887 reputation)SSC Eights! (887 reputation)SSC Eights! (887 reputation)SSC Eights! (887 reputation)SSC Eights! (887 reputation)SSC Eights! (887 reputation)SSC Eights! (887 reputation)

Yay. Great question. Had to do a lot of research to get it right. Thanks.
Tom Thomson
Tom Thomson
SSChampion
SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)

Good question, but the definite cultural bias is perhaps unfortunate. I suppose it's fair enough, as the default installation will use LCID 1033, not 2057. But there may be some Brits around for whom teseng.xml is the right file and they wouldn't stand much chance of spotting the right answer, would they?

Tom

Hugo Kornelis
Hugo Kornelis
SSChampion
SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)

L' Eomot Inversé (3/19/2013)
Good question, but the definite cultural bias is perhaps unfortunate. I suppose it's fair enough, as the default installation will use LCID 1033, not 2057. But there may be some Brits around for whom teseng.xml is the right file and they wouldn't stand much chance of spotting the right answer, would they?

Even for Brits, the tseng.xml file is NOT the right choice when "working with an American English SQL Server instance" (quote from question text; emphasis added by me). I guess you overlooked that part of the question?

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server MVP
Visit my SQL Server blog: http://sqlblog.com/blogs/hugo_kornelis
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.