SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Internal Query Processor Error

Internal Query Processor Error

Author
Admingod
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Any idea on this...

Msg 8624, Level 16, State 21, Line 1
Internal Query Processor Error: The query processor could not produce a query plan. For more information, contact Customer Support Services.

we are on SQL Server 2008 R2.

Thanks
Lynn Pettis
Lynn Pettis
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (406K reputation)SSC Guru (406K reputation)SSC Guru (406K reputation)SSC Guru (406K reputation)SSC Guru (406K reputation)SSC Guru (406K reputation)SSC Guru (406K reputation)SSC Guru (406K reputation)

Admingod (3/14/2013)
Any idea on this...

Msg 8624, Level 16, State 21, Line 1
Internal Query Processor Error: The query processor could not produce a query plan. For more information, contact Customer Support Services.

we are on SQL Server 2008 R2.

Thanks

Sorry, but I can't see what you see.

Cool
Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
Orlando Colamatteo
Orlando Colamatteo
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (170K reputation)SSC Guru (170K reputation)SSC Guru (170K reputation)SSC Guru (170K reputation)SSC Guru (170K reputation)SSC Guru (170K reputation)SSC Guru (170K reputation)SSC Guru (170K reputation)

What build are you on?

SELECT  SERVERPROPERTY('Edition') AS Edition,
SERVERPROPERTY('ProductVersion') AS ProductVersion,
SERVERPROPERTY('ProductLevel') AS ProductLevel

Can you please post the query as well?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community. --Plato
Admingod
Admingod
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)

Enterprise Edition (64-bit) 10.50.1777.0 RTM

give me your email id i can send to you..

Thanks
Lynn Pettis
Lynn Pettis
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (406K reputation)SSC Guru (406K reputation)SSC Guru (406K reputation)SSC Guru (406K reputation)SSC Guru (406K reputation)SSC Guru (406K reputation)SSC Guru (406K reputation)SSC Guru (406K reputation)

Admingod (3/14/2013)
Enterprise Edition (64-bit) 10.50.1777.0 RTM

give me your email id i can send to you..

Thanks

If you can't post the query here, don't bother emailing or PMing me.

Cool
Lynn Pettis

For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables

harsha.majety
harsha.majety
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)

Microsoft conect entry

http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/620614/internal-query-processor-error-the-query-processor-could-not-produce-a-query-plan-sql-server-2008-r2
Lynn Pettis
Lynn Pettis
SSC Guru

harsha.majety (3/14/2013)
Microsoft conect entry

http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/620614/internal-query-processor-error-the-query-processor-could-not-produce-a-query-plan-sql-server-2008-r2

Having read the connect item, looks like you need to install a service pack and/or some CU's and then enable the trace flag 4199.

Cool
Lynn Pettis

Alfredo Giotti
Alfredo Giotti
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (998 reputation)SSC Eights! (998 reputation)SSC Eights! (998 reputation)SSC Eights! (998 reputation)SSC Eights! (998 reputation)SSC Eights! (998 reputation)SSC Eights! (998 reputation)SSC Eights! (998 reputation)

We are running SQL SERVER 2008 R2 STD 10.50.4295 which is the most recent build and we can duplicate this issue on demand. the only workaround we have found is to set the two ANSI settings on (ansi_warnings and ansi_padding) for the connection. We tried setting these within the procedure and outside the procedure with no luck. I have updated the connect item posted earlier, however, it being closed not sure that MSFT will see it.
Orlando Colamatteo
Orlando Colamatteo
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (170K reputation)SSC Guru (170K reputation)SSC Guru (170K reputation)SSC Guru (170K reputation)SSC Guru (170K reputation)SSC Guru (170K reputation)SSC Guru (170K reputation)SSC Guru (170K reputation)

Please post your query.

And if possible, script out your entire database including statistics and histograms. Here is a walkthrough on how to do that.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community. --Plato
Alfredo Giotti
Alfredo Giotti
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (998 reputation)SSC Eights! (998 reputation)SSC Eights! (998 reputation)SSC Eights! (998 reputation)SSC Eights! (998 reputation)SSC Eights! (998 reputation)SSC Eights! (998 reputation)SSC Eights! (998 reputation)

the query is just an single update statement. There are four update triggers on this table, with nested stored procedures, not to mention all the FK references.

We cannot script out this database and post it on a public forum due to the fact that 1. it is a third party vendor and 2. this database supports a trading system.

I just wanted to mention that applying the latest CU and using trace flag 4199 does not help. We have a case opened with MSFT. If we find a resolution I will post back.

Thanks for reaching out, much appreciated.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.