Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

DATETIME - 3

DATETIME - 3

Author
kapil_kk
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
thanks for the explanation....
Previously I didn't check the link.. after reading explanation I check that link and read that fully and its clear my doubts..
Thanks Ron for the question that make me learn new thing today :-):-)

honza.mf
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)

Thank you for a nice one question.

See, understand, learn, try, use efficient
© Dr.Plch
Raghavendra Mudugal
Raghavendra Mudugal
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)

Thank you for the question. I got it right as I knew this. Smile

(and I was expecting to see this "2050-01-27" as one of the answers for value-2)

ww; Raghu
--
The first and the hardest SQL statement I have wrote- "select * from customers" - and I was happy and felt smart.
Stewart "Arturius" Campbell
Stewart "Arturius" Campbell
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)

L' Eomot Inversé (3/10/2013)
Nice question and good explanation. Thanks Ron.

+1

Thanks, Ron

Hugo Kornelis
Hugo Kornelis
SSCrazy Eights
SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)

Good question on a feature that, hopefully, nobody ever relies on anymore. Smile

Minor issues: it looks like the distracter options for value 1 and value 2 have been switched, and there was only one answer option for value 4.

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server MVP
Visit my SQL Server blog: http://sqlblog.com/blogs/hugo_kornelis
Thomas Abraham
Thomas Abraham
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)

As I post this, answer four has the lowest correct percentage of the four correct answers, an yet it is the only one without a valid alternative. Hmmmm ...

Thanks Ron for the question. Had to get the cobwebs out and finish my breakfast before I clicked any answers. Learned the hard way about Monday morning questions.

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
Connect to me on LinkedIn
TomThomson
TomThomson
SSChampion
SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)

Hugo Kornelis (3/11/2013)
Good question on a feature that, hopefully, nobody ever relies on anymore. Smile
It always surpriseded me that anyone relied on it, except in early cobol programs where dates were strings and every byte counted. Sick After all, 64 bit time - often represented as microseconds since 1900-01-01T00:00:00.000000, but sometimes 32-bit date (days) and 32-bit time (microseconds - a serious waste of 3 bits there :heheSmile - has been used in many languages since about 1968, so that string representations of dates were no longer a storage issue except for cobol programmers and those addicted to text strings for dates.

Minor issues: it looks like the distracter options for value 1 and value 2 have been switched, and there was only one answer option for value 4.

The switch of distractors maybe did no harm - it seems somewhat incredible, but to date 12% of people picked the distractor for value 1, apparently believing that a two digit year 49 could stand for a 4-digit year ending in 50, while only 9% picked the distractor for value 3 which required a far less bizarre mistake. But perhaps the craziest result is that 10% failed to get value 4 right although no wrong option was provided w00t, although that 5% could believe that two different values were both correct for value 1 is also rather surprising. Blink

Tom

(Bob Brown)
(Bob Brown)
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (819 reputation)SSC Eights! (819 reputation)SSC Eights! (819 reputation)SSC Eights! (819 reputation)SSC Eights! (819 reputation)SSC Eights! (819 reputation)SSC Eights! (819 reputation)SSC Eights! (819 reputation)

Good one! Thanks for the Monday morning question that I was able to get correct.
Dana Medley
Dana Medley
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)

Excellent question. I definitely learned something today.

Everything is awesome!
Ken Wymore
Ken Wymore
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.5K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.5K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.5K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.5K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.5K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.5K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.5K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.5K reputation)

Nice question. I didn't know about the cutoff year either.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.