I'm receiving the following error:
ALTER DATABASE command failed due to an invalid server connection string.
when I issue the command:
ALTER DATABASE DBName SET PARTNER = 'TCP://DCDRSQLv01.datacoremarketing.com\SQLMICH01:5022';
Situation - I'm attempting to mirror from a default instance to a named instance. Each instance is running SQL 2012 SP1. Each server is in a different domain and I have configured logins and certificates to make it work properly. I've seen several posts indicating try the following:
- check that both servers can be pinged, name resolves and telnet succeeds to the configured port 5022.
- confirm that mirroring is started and logins are granted permission.
- restore database and transaction log with NORECOVERY option.
- Confirm the database and instance are correct.
- Attempt connection without the instance name.
- Start the Browser service on all nodes.
None of these appear to be providing a different result except for the later which complains "network address cannot be reached" (note telnet to 5022 does work).
Any assistance is most appreciated. I'm out of ideas.