Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SSRS Report Server destination

SSRS Report Server destination

Author
ss_nl
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Is it possible to use the Reporting Services Report server as a SSIS destination?
In the SSRS Report manager it's possible to upload files (with the Upload File button), like csv files, but I would like to generate files in SSIS and store it on the Report Server (in addition to the regular SSRS reports).
robert.gerald.taylor
robert.gerald.taylor
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)

Let me restate to see if I understand:
It sounds like you're asking if you can use SSIS to take data from your source and transform/convert it into a flat file. This flat file is then used as a datasource by a SSRS report.

If that is what you're asking, then you should be able to. The limitation would be the SSRS connection types. So you may want to have your SSIS write out to a .xml file which the SSRS report can use for its data source.

HTH,
Rob
ss_nl
ss_nl
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)

Not as a SSRS datasource, just store physical files (.csv's or .xlsx's) on the SSRS Report Server in addition to the .rdl reports. When I manually upload a file to the Report Server the online storage address is like:
http://servername/Reports/Pages/Resource.aspx?ItemPath=/Foldername/filename.csv
Is it possible to connect to this online folder from SSIS and store data flow results there?
Phil Parkin
Phil Parkin
SSCrazy Eights
SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)

I imagine so.

At worst, SSIS can create the file locally and then you can use a Script Task with whatever C# code is required to achieve this.

But never tried - seems like an unusual requirement.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

If the answer to your question can be found with a brief Google search, please perform the search yourself, rather than expecting one of the SSC members to do it for you.

Please surround any code or links you post with the appropriate IFCode formatting tags. It helps readability a lot.
ss_nl
ss_nl
Grasshopper

I'm sorry but "a Script Task with whatever C# code" is not really helping...
I would be surprised if nobody else would want to automate the SSRS feature to upload additional files to the report environment.
I found out that there's a ReportingService2005.CreateResource method existing which might be useful here, so will give that one a try in a SSIS scripttask.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.