SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

sprocs executed but rolled back? is there any log?

sprocs executed but rolled back? is there any log?

Author
curious_sqldba
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
if a sproc started executing and then the transaction was killed, is there a way to check which sproc it was? I know if a sproc started and completed, i can try looking at sys.dm_exec_query_stats to see when was the last time it executed. Any thoughts?
Bhuvnesh
Bhuvnesh
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.5K reputation)

For future, you can set trace and capture that SP.

-------Bhuvnesh----------
I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (65K reputation)SSC Guru (65K reputation)SSC Guru (65K reputation)SSC Guru (65K reputation)SSC Guru (65K reputation)SSC Guru (65K reputation)SSC Guru (65K reputation)SSC Guru (65K reputation)

Group: Administrators
I assume you'd be able to read the log and see the start and rollback, if there were changes, but this wouldn't be simple or easy.

SQL Server doesn't log every activity that occurs.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
curious_sqldba
curious_sqldba
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)

Bhuvnesh (12/28/2012)
For future, you can set trace and capture that SP.

I don't want to trace to run 24 X7 as i don't know when the issue would occur. I wanted to know if someone killed a sproc, if i come in later is there a way to find which sproc was killed?
Bhuvnesh
Bhuvnesh
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.5K reputation)

sqldba_newbie (12/28/2012)
I don't want to trace to run 24 X7 as i don't know when the issue would occur.
thats why i asked you to use trace when you are blank in any particular case use it but with PROPER AND REQUIRED filter. as we know that it s a resource intensive operation(that is what you would be thinking here and reluctant to use it ) , but when we have proper filer plus only fetching event which are relevant and required then you can minimize the resoure usage.

-------Bhuvnesh----------
I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.