SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

want to Study for MCTS

want to Study for MCTS

Author
sendai789
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi All,

I`m gearing up to study for my first cert and i`m looking at the 70-432 exam. I want to make this as easy on me as possible cause i`m a lazy bugger (I work full time, and after iv done dinner, and sat down i`m knackered, well that's my excuse anyway)

I'v made a learning plan on microsoft so I can track my progress which, I think is important for me. The transact part of my learning I thought of using my android phone (you can get SQL editors now) so I can practice when I get a spare 5 minutes. I want to do perhaps an hour a night then maybe an all dayer here and there.

I also want to actually book the exam to give me a time frame to work (If I don't book it I think i`ll end up giving up studying) so How long realistically should I give myself? I know everyone is different and we all learn at different rates, but what is a good ball park length of time?

Thanks
bjcharles
bjcharles
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (32 reputation)SSC Rookie (32 reputation)SSC Rookie (32 reputation)SSC Rookie (32 reputation)SSC Rookie (32 reputation)SSC Rookie (32 reputation)SSC Rookie (32 reputation)SSC Rookie (32 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
It's good that you have made your learning plan. Look at the skills measured in the exam and do a checklist so you can tick off items when you are comfortable with each measured skill. You're ready when you have ticked each item about 3 times. this took me less than a month because I spent a large chunk of my time on it couple of years ago, plus I was already comfortable with the product. On the other hand, my colleague spent about 5 months preparing because he didn't care about timing, he booked exam in advance as motivation but he forgot until a day or so to d day. Go figure.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.