1. Source of recordset SQL Server stored procedure.
2. Means of access: ADODB recordset in Excel VBA, using adOpenForwardOnly
3. Referenced library in VBA: Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.8 Library
4. All fields turn up in the expected text format when I run the stored procedure right on the SQL server management studio.
4. In Windows 7, all fields are delivered as they should.
5. In Windows XP, two of the text fields (not too long, under 200 characters) become garbled.
By "garbled" I mean turn up with octet values in the range 0 to 31 (i.e., less than a space) with a few,
scattered in the field, of higher values.
Any ideas? I'm stumped!