SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SSRS 2008 R2 page break after every 4th person in group

SSRS 2008 R2 page break after every 4th person in group

Author
lazyeye08
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi Everyone,

I need to add a page after the 4th Patient in a report.

The report has two groups. Organization and patient.

Each patient will have 7 detail rows.

For the organization group I have the page break set for between each instance and the end.

The second group...it will group on each patient but will put only one patient per page. that makes for a lot of pages that are grouped by Organization and then by patient.

So how do I put in a page break in after every 4th patient record in the Organization group?

Larry
Rob Taylor
Rob Taylor
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)

Use an expression like:
=CInt(Ceiling(RowNumber(Nothing)/4))

Then put this into a group and set your page break as you wish for that grouping.

HTH,
Rob
lazyeye08
lazyeye08
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)

Thanks for the quick response!

I had tried several of those, but none worked. I'm attaching some screen shots so hopefully that will help you to help me understand.

Larry
lazyeye08
lazyeye08
Grasshopper

lazyeye08
lazyeye08
Grasshopper

Bump...:-D

Beuler...Beuler?
lazyeye08
lazyeye08
Grasshopper

Got it...thanks!

Was putting it in the wrong place. Smile
lazyeye08
lazyeye08
Grasshopper

Only works if I choose one hospital...I'm attaching a dummy table and .rdl file.

If you choose "All", then the first hospital will work fine, the second hospital has 3 then 2, the 3rd hospital has the same.

Could anyone help? this is the only report still on the 2005 server and we need to close it so we can move everythying to the 2008 server.

Frustrating... to say the least.

Any help would be great!

larry
Attachments
TestGrouping.zip (22 views, 2.00 KB)
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.