SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

A Versioning system for SSRS

A Versioning system for SSRS

Author
rashkay
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Great Article !

-- Rashid A. Khan
dvprao
dvprao
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (450 reputation)SSC-Addicted (450 reputation)SSC-Addicted (450 reputation)SSC-Addicted (450 reputation)SSC-Addicted (450 reputation)SSC-Addicted (450 reputation)SSC-Addicted (450 reputation)SSC-Addicted (450 reputation)

No does not help. Also , I have tried to use the modified code posted by another user in this thread. Even with that , I get error like below:
Msg 9412, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
XML parsing: line 2138, character 8, '>' expected

This is driving me nuts.
kudz
kudz
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (134 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (134 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (134 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (134 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (134 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (134 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (134 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (134 reputation)

DavidKBennett (10/24/2012)
You can restrict the [Catalog].[Type] to 2 and 8 (RDL and RSD) and that should hopefully cut out on the non-compliant XML.

I'm still getting the same error Sad

XML datatype instance has too many levels of nested nodes. Maximum allowed depth is 128 levels.
MMartin1
MMartin1
SSChampion
SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)

Great article and imagination, about all I would suggest is toward the end of the trigger ...
FROM
WHERE Content IS NOT NULL
AND ( v.itemID IS NULL
OR v.modifiedDate != c.ModifiedDate
) )

TO
WHERE Content IS NOT NULL
AND ( v.itemID IS NULL
OR v.modifiedDate < c.ModifiedDate
) )

this way it is just not equal in modified dates to the latest history version, but that you are not re-importing any past previous version.

----------------------------------------------------
How to post forum questions to get the best help
Neha05
Neha05
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (748 reputation)Right there with Babe (748 reputation)Right there with Babe (748 reputation)Right there with Babe (748 reputation)Right there with Babe (748 reputation)Right there with Babe (748 reputation)Right there with Babe (748 reputation)Right there with Babe (748 reputation)

Nice article.
geloofy
geloofy
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)

Great solution for when Sharepoint isn't available! Thanks for posting!
Chrissy321
Chrissy321
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)

This seems to pin my CPU at 100% for about two minutes. I can replicate this every time I expand a path and then go to expand the modified date.

Any suggestions as to how I can troubleshoot this?
Chrissy321
Chrissy321
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)

This seems to pin my CPU at 100% for about two minutes. I can replicate this every time I expand a path in the report and then go to expand the modified date.

Any suggestions as to how I can troubleshoot this?
david.edwards 76768
david.edwards 76768
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (191 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (191 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (191 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (191 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (191 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (191 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (191 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (191 reputation)

Fantastic work, thank you. I have implemented this and it works flawlessly. I needed to tweak the XML slightly to get the versions report to work but no big deal and I think due to the version of SSRS I am using.

I just wish I had come across this before I broke a report I had spent hours and hours getting right!Blush
mayor 76640
mayor 76640
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (93 reputation)SSC Journeyman (93 reputation)SSC Journeyman (93 reputation)SSC Journeyman (93 reputation)SSC Journeyman (93 reputation)SSC Journeyman (93 reputation)SSC Journeyman (93 reputation)SSC Journeyman (93 reputation)

Can the added tables exist in a separate database and using views of ths Report Server tables
provide the trigger capability to update the CVS tables?
This would provide for maintaining a pristine Report Server database.

Also, I would like to see the methodology for restoring a report to an earlier version.

Regards,

Dale Mayo
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.