1. I have two servers. Server A and Server B.
2. They are located in two different places and connected through different default gateway in a VPN.
3. Say IP Address for Server A is 192.0.0.1 and Server B is 10.0.0.1.
4. If I try to connect either of the server using IP Address, it works fine.
5. If I try to connect either of the server using Server name, it generates the following error message.
A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40- Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error:53)
6. As a result, I can not define my subscriber to do replication between two servers.
7. I am using SQL Server 2008 R2.
Please help me to sort out this problem.