SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SQL 2012 Querying - 70-461

SQL 2012 Querying - 70-461

Author
mimorr
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (488 reputation)SSC-Addicted (488 reputation)SSC-Addicted (488 reputation)SSC-Addicted (488 reputation)SSC-Addicted (488 reputation)SSC-Addicted (488 reputation)SSC-Addicted (488 reputation)SSC-Addicted (488 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
In my 15 years of taking various Microsoft certification tests, this test is the first that actually represents day to day work. I failed it. I'm too dependent on Books Online to get all the various syntax correct. And since training tools are not out until November and I didn't have time and money for a 5 day MOC class, I didn't have a good grasp of what to expect. (poor excuse, I know). Good thing I was able to get a free second shot.

My advice: Lots and lots of hands-on study of all of the topics in the Skills Measured that Microsoft posted.

Michelle

Second Shot info: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/offers/secondshot.aspx

Skills Measured: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/Exam.aspx?ID=70-461#tab2

Evaluation: http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/en/us/get-sql-server/try-it.aspx

Michelle
lordzoster
lordzoster
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)

Thanks for the advice.
I'll take it in two weeks, and too often I rely on BOL for syntax.
It will be my first MS cert.

manub22
manub22
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)

For exam details and on what to prepare for 70-461 Exam check the following blog post:

Link:http://sqlwithmanoj.wordpress.com/2012/11/16/passed-70-461-exam-querying-microsoft-sql-server-2012/

~manoj | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube
Blog: SQLwithManoj.com

Koen Verbeeck
Koen Verbeeck
One Orange Chip
One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)

manub22 (4/16/2015)
For exam details and on what to prepare for 70-461 Exam check the following blog post:

Link:http://sqlwithmanoj.wordpress.com/2012/11/16/passed-70-461-exam-querying-microsoft-sql-server-2012/

Because you are promoting your blog post in so many threads, you are pushing threads with open questions to other pages, refusing other people help.

Maybe use Twitter or Facebook to promote your blog posts.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?
My blog at SQLKover.

MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP
GilaMonster
GilaMonster
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)

manub22 (4/16/2015)

Please note, 3 year old thread. Reported for spam

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

manub22
manub22
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)

@Gail, sorry for responding to a 3yr old thread, and also attempting to promoting my blog post.

But it's NOT a SPAM as still this exam 70-461 is latest and lot of people are perusing for it. So, just trying to help people and SQL community.

~manoj | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube
Blog: SQLwithManoj.com

Koen Verbeeck
Koen Verbeeck
One Orange Chip
One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)

manub22 (4/17/2015)
@Gail, sorry for responding to a 3yr old thread, and also attempting to promoting my blog post.

But it's NOT a SPAM as still this exam 70-461 is latest and lot of people are perusing for it. So, just trying to help people and SQL community.

As I mentioned before, you're pushing people who actually need help down in the threads list. There are other channels to promote blog posts.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?
My blog at SQLKover.

MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP
GilaMonster
GilaMonster
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)

nm.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.