Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Upgrade 2008 r2 express w advanced tools to developer

Upgrade 2008 r2 express w advanced tools to developer

Author
R_Casey
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (15 reputation)Grasshopper (15 reputation)Grasshopper (15 reputation)Grasshopper (15 reputation)Grasshopper (15 reputation)Grasshopper (15 reputation)Grasshopper (15 reputation)Grasshopper (15 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I would like to upgrade my free 2008 r2 with advanced tools to the 2008 r2 developer edition. I understand there is a cost involved but need to know the correct procedure in order to purchase and upgrade this.
Thanks!!
:-)
R_Casey
R_Casey
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (15 reputation)Grasshopper (15 reputation)Grasshopper (15 reputation)Grasshopper (15 reputation)Grasshopper (15 reputation)Grasshopper (15 reputation)Grasshopper (15 reputation)Grasshopper (15 reputation)

am I in the wrong forum for this? I expected some guru to reply on this simple thing.
bitbucket-25253
bitbucket-25253
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)

R_Casey (9/21/2012)
I would like to upgrade my free 2008 r2 with advanced tools to the 2008 r2 developer edition. I understand there is a cost involved but need to know the correct procedure in order to purchase and upgrade this.
Thanks!!
:-)

Gee whiz you waited a whole 47 minutes before complaining.

Might find it difficult to find a Developer Edition of 2008 R2 - Amazon reports out of stock ...

I did something similar all it took was I copied the db and log files to the Developer Edition's file location for same and then using SSMS attached. It worked for me -

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read

Before posting a performance problem please read
R_Casey
R_Casey
Grasshopper

Thank you and I apologize if I seemed "over eager". I did not see a reply for a couple of days so I guess it got lost in the bit bucket.

I too have seen that r2 developers kit is unavailable and am wondering if I just byte the bullet and go to 2012 developer. any thoughts on that? I wanted to stay in R2 because I am studying for MCTS in R2..
Thanks!!
Koen Verbeeck
Koen Verbeeck
SSCoach
SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)

For which exam are you studying?
If it's developer or dba, you can practise your 2008R2 skills on a 2012 machine.
Just ignore all the new stuff :-)

If it's BI, it will be a bit more trickier as SSIS has changed a lot, and SSAS has gotten an extra development model. However, if you stick to SSAS multidimensional, it's almost exactly the same as in 2008R2.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at SQLKover.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.