SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Dress Like Steve

Dress Like Steve

Author
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (139K reputation)SSC Guru (139K reputation)SSC Guru (139K reputation)SSC Guru (139K reputation)SSC Guru (139K reputation)SSC Guru (139K reputation)SSC Guru (139K reputation)SSC Guru (139K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Dress Like Steve

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
Thomas Rushton
Thomas Rushton
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (6K reputation)SSCertifiable (6K reputation)SSCertifiable (6K reputation)SSCertifiable (6K reputation)SSCertifiable (6K reputation)SSCertifiable (6K reputation)SSCertifiable (6K reputation)SSCertifiable (6K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I have long been an admirer of your shirts, Steve! I have a few similar, but nothing quite as impressive as the ones I normally see you wearing... When are you next in the UK? I'll bring my best effort.
majorbloodnock
majorbloodnock
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Steve, you stood out like a sore thumb; you're the one without a beer.

Semper in excretia, sumus solum profundum variat
grenm
grenm
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (26 reputation)SSC Rookie (26 reputation)SSC Rookie (26 reputation)SSC Rookie (26 reputation)SSC Rookie (26 reputation)SSC Rookie (26 reputation)SSC Rookie (26 reputation)SSC Rookie (26 reputation)

sorry Steve but that's a fashion fail. Rollback. However, for a DBA, you look remarkably smart (a pressed shirt without food stains).

Whenever we attended work functions together my wife plays the 'identify the guy's job by his dress' game:

I'm sorry to say but its a truism that us techies are the always 'the quiet ones grouped in the corners who all dress like Earl Hickey'.

:-)
jay-h
jay-h
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)

I used to have a boss who wanted us to wear ties while travelling for business, even on the plane!

Fortunately where I am now is not so rigid, 'golf shirts' are ok. (Though my wife who works for a top university gets to wear jeans. Go figure)

-- FORTRAN manual for Xerox Computers --
OCTom
OCTom
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)

Great picture Steve. I couldn't quite find you but then I noticed the cowboy hat.
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (139K reputation)SSC Guru (139K reputation)SSC Guru (139K reputation)SSC Guru (139K reputation)SSC Guru (139K reputation)SSC Guru (139K reputation)SSC Guru (139K reputation)SSC Guru (139K reputation)

ThomasRushton (9/19/2012)
I have long been an admirer of your shirts, Steve! I have a few similar, but nothing quite as impressive as the ones I normally see you wearing... When are you next in the UK? I'll bring my best effort.

Next year, and I expect to see you again.

Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru

majorbloodnock (9/19/2012)
Steve, you stood out like a sore thumb; you're the one without a beer.

That was "diet day". I had a beer the next afternoon Smile

Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru

grenm (9/19/2012)
sorry Steve but that's a fashion fail. Rollback. However, for a DBA, you look remarkably smart (a pressed shirt without food stains).

Whenever we attended work functions together my wife plays the 'identify the guy's job by his dress' game:

I'm sorry to say but its a truism that us techies are the always 'the quiet ones grouped in the corners who all dress like Earl Hickey'.

:-)

You sound like my wife. She's not a fan of the colorful prints.

Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru

jay-h (9/19/2012)
I used to have a boss who wanted us to wear ties while travelling for business, even on the plane!

Fortunately where I am now is not so rigid, 'golf shirts' are ok. (Though my wife who works for a top university gets to wear jeans. Go figure)

I hated ties. Used to work out at lunch and then never quite tighten my tie when I returned. I think I got "reminded" by my boss every day for a couple years.

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.