SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

package

package

Author
harri.reddy
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (401 reputation)SSC-Addicted (401 reputation)SSC-Addicted (401 reputation)SSC-Addicted (401 reputation)SSC-Addicted (401 reputation)SSC-Addicted (401 reputation)SSC-Addicted (401 reputation)SSC-Addicted (401 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
hi,

i have 1 excel file which has like id, name,address0, address1, address3

now i need to make package that take data from this flat file and in my database i have 3 table.

i need to place name,id in 1 table and address table should have all the address.

what componenet do i need, how can place some column to 1 table and another 2 another table.

Morever , i have name fileld like girg jow ,m

first ,last and middle name in1 column,how can i break that in ssis package.

plz help me
Robin Sasson
Robin Sasson
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)

My preferred method is to import the MS Excel file into a SQL table for verification. I usually set all the columns to a wide NVARCHAR value

You can create a stored procedure to insert the data from the verification table into into your live tables as required.

You can also write logic in the SSIS package to do the same.

Here a link to get you started in import data from MS Excel to SQL Server using SSIS. Come back to us if you need more assistance.

Good luck!

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/datacenter/how-to-import-an-excel-file-into-sql-server-2005-using-integration-services/205

Exclamation "Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience." Exclamation
Phil Parkin
Phil Parkin
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (52K reputation)SSC Guru (52K reputation)SSC Guru (52K reputation)SSC Guru (52K reputation)SSC Guru (52K reputation)SSC Guru (52K reputation)SSC Guru (52K reputation)SSC Guru (52K reputation)

Use a multicast to broadcast data from one source to multiple destinations.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

If the answer to your question can be found with a brief Google search, please perform the search yourself, rather than expecting one of the SSC members to do it for you.

Please surround any code or links you post with the appropriate IFCode formatting tags. It helps readability a lot.
n79799
n79799
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)

Use multicast on the excel......load id and name cols(from source 1 of multicast) to table 1 and all the addresses in col1, col2, col3(from source 2 of multicast) to table 2.
Koen Verbeeck
Koen Verbeeck
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)

You can split the name field in a derived column by using a clever combination of FINDSTRING and SUBSTRING.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?
My blog at SQLKover.

MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP
harri.reddy
harri.reddy
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (401 reputation)SSC-Addicted (401 reputation)SSC-Addicted (401 reputation)SSC-Addicted (401 reputation)SSC-Addicted (401 reputation)SSC-Addicted (401 reputation)SSC-Addicted (401 reputation)SSC-Addicted (401 reputation)

hi,

but my table has different structure,how can i use muticast.

each table has different column
Koen Verbeeck
Koen Verbeeck
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)

Just map only the columns that you need in the OLE DB Destination.

My blog at SQLKover.

harri.reddy
harri.reddy
SSC-Addicted

thanks,

now what if i have foreign key with the table.

exalple

product

product id identity(1,1) primary key,
name varchar(50))

item
itemid identity(1,1) primarykey,
itemname varchar(5))

productitem
(productid datatype reference product(productid),
itemid datatype referenc item(itemid))

how can i insert value in productitem from multicast.

if both are identity column, they will insert automatically
Koen Verbeeck
Koen Verbeeck
SSC Guru

In that case it's better to load the initial load from Excel into a staging table and do everything with TSQL from then on.

My blog at SQLKover.

harri.reddy
harri.reddy
SSC-Addicted

what do you mean by that,i need to do it in ssis,how can maintain reference integrity
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.